Double Major!

<p>Hello all! I just visited UA recently and fell in love with the campus, faculty, and students! When talking to a current student about my major I mentioned Nursing and Finance, she said that it was possible to do both. I just want to know if anyone else thinks it would be possible to double major in these fields? I will be coming in with AP and Dual Enrollment credits. Thanks for the advise, and ROLL TIDE!</p>

<p>Welcome! Glad to hear about your successful visit.</p>

<p>What AP and DE credits do you have?</p>

<p>Did the student you talk to double major with nursing?</p>

<p>I don’t see how this double major would be possible and graduate on time. Jr and Sr years of nursing are in the Col of Nursing which is away from campus. And there aren’t many shared classes with finance. </p>

<p>It would seem that a student would have to finish the Finance major by soph year. Also, since admittance into the nursing school requires a near perfect GPA, taking on a second major would jeopardize that.</p>

<p>I can’t speak specifically to the program at UA, but my mom is a retired nursing professor at another university. I know she would advise you against double major. I’m making an assumption that maybe you are interested in a job that would allow you to combine nursing with finance. In that case, maybe you could look into a master’s program specifically geared towards that idea?</p>

<p>The business school has a healthcare management specialization which might interest you. Many business students graduate from UA and work in healthcare fields, but not usually as nurses. While a nursing and finance double major is certainly possible, the feasibility of completing such a degree plan in four years is another story.</p>

<p>Thank you all for the vauble advise. I decided to major in nursing and minor in finance.</p>