Double period gpa for UC system?

<p>Our high school offers classes like AP chemistry and AP biology as double periods. Our high school weights them twice as much as a single period ap class. How does the UC system calculate it? Do they count ap chem as a single class or 2 classes? Same for Ap bio. Basically, if we have 7 periods of a-g classes with an AP double period, does the grade in that double period count as 2 normal grades or does it only count as 1 with the number of classes reduced to 6? AP chem and bio are much more difficult than, say, enviromental, and the double period is necessary to learn the material. I know some people who didn’t take environmental but read the ap book the week before the test and got 4s and 5s. It would seem unfair to weight these classes the same.</p>

<p>Anyone…?</p>

<p>It is not counted as double period. I have never heard of an AP class being spread over two periods before, including Chem. You can go to the UC website and find the doorways page, it will have a list of California high schools and their accepted UC courses.</p>

<p>Not what I wanted to hear of course, but thx for the info. It would be nice to have a definite source or link where they state that double periods are not double weighted. AP chem is a very big course: 8 college credits for taking the ap exam, while the majority of other aps is only 4 credits per exam.
However, my school is oos, so it will not be listed.
Another question: If some double period ap classes only count as one, will that be bad for my application? Now the # of semester of a-g courses is decreased, so my chances for uc go down dramatically.</p>

<p>I an guessing it is just your school that spreads them over two periods. Sorry about that, but they are only one, year long class, including chem. You might want to check with your GC at school.</p>