Dress code for Panhellenic weekend

<p>What should girls/mom wear?..it’s February, so no cute summer dresses…Is there even a dress code, or should a casual Bama shirt do just fine?</p>

<p>No Bama shirts!!! Think afternoon wedding attire…nice dresses, wedges, could wear cute booties or boots…nice skirt and shirt (make sure skirt is not a “mini”…pencil skirt is a good choice.) I would not wear any type of jeans, colored jeans or pants. You will need a coat…temps might be in the 50’s although if a warm front comes through it could be in the 60’s.</p>

<p>Would leggings, a cute top that covers my butt, and boots work? Also, is it really important to make a great impression during this? Are the sorority girls going to be scouting us, making notes, etc…</p>

<p>Quite frankly I think you need a dress or skirt (pencil skirt) and cute top. boots with either one of those would work but leggings are too casual…most girls will be in dresses or skirts. I tell girls…think afternoon wedding attire…not dressy but Sunday best.
Another suggestion is to go to the UA Panhellenic website and scroll down until you see the little magazine (I think it’s on the right) called Greek Chic. Panhellenic puts out a publication like this every year for girls who are going through recruitment. Look at the pictures and what the girls are wearing…while the weather won’t be sundress warm it will give you an idea of how the girls dress. If you cannot find it there you can also go to the UA Panhellenic Facebook page…go to the August posts and copy is there as well.</p>

<p>It’s my opinion that first impressions are always important. I wouldn’t say they are “scouting you” but rather they are interested in getting to know you, finding out what y’all have in common and learning what you can bring to the sorority. I will tell you this…as soon as you are on the sorority radar you can be they have checked out your facebook page, you twitter account and any other social media. At Preview they do not “take notes” but trust me if you make a good impression they will remember you when they see your recs and again when you come through the door during formal recruitment in August.</p>