Dressing for Honors events

<p>What events do the Honors students need to dress up for? How dressy? My daughter is starting to pack and isn’t sure how many or what type of dressy items to take.</p>

<p>It really depends upon the activities in which she becomes involved. My D has needed a business suit several times and has also needed several nice dresses (non sundress) for things like scholarship luncheons, certain induction ceremonies, interviews, and certain meetings. It’s a great idea to have a skirt, white blouse, a jacket (business suit) and basic heels. I’d also recommend having a dress or two that are not sundresses. It is much wiser to prepare NOW than to need this and have to make a spur of the moment purchase. Don’t forget about appropriate accessories such as hosiery, a slip (if needed), and basic jewelry for business attire.</p>

<p>A sundress will do fine for Honors Convocation, but not for situations that require business attire.:slight_smile: It is more likely that she will need this type of clothing second semester if that helps.</p>

<p>How about the guys? What do they wear to the Honors Convocation? :-)</p>

<p>Thank you for the information. It is very helpful!!</p>

<p>Honors convocation? More information please.
My knowledge of honors is simply the 18 hours required. The chance for smaller classes, and great dorms.
What else should son know about the program?</p>

<p>Honors Convocation is just one evening. I remember my son attending. He wore a collared shirt, tie and dress slacks and shoes.</p>

<p>As for dressing up, my son has several suit jackets, ties and dress slacks and shoes, as he has attended recruiting events for the Honors College. But he is also in a fraternity and on its national board, so he must dress a bit more formally.</p>

<p>Yep, dress clothes do seem to be necessary. Son has dressed for recruiting events, meetings, luncheons, interviews, presentations, national honor society events and musical performances (Tux). Many students dress for religious services as well.</p>