Driving school or ? ??

<p>Son might buy a stick in Alabama. He has very little time driving a stick and really could use a refresher course. (I might have to fly back!!! )</p>

<p>But other thoughts include hiring someone at a driving school to refresh his clutch/stick memory.</p>

<p>Thoughts? Recommendations? None of the friends he has spoken with drive a stick. (Of course, given the proximity of Talladega, I was incredulous.</p>

<p>TIA</p>

<p>I wouldn’t recommend hiring somebody. The concept isn’t complicated, practice is what it really takes. Give him a couple weeks driving it and he’ll be perfectly fine.</p>

<p>I agree that practice is what it takes. The more you do it, the more you “feel” it. I think your money would be better spent on a tank of gas for practicing. </p>

<p>BTW, I drove a stick shift in college (on a very hilly campus). Didn’t drive one for almost 30 years when we had an emergency and I had to transport a family member’s 5-speed sports car to another location. It came right back to me… just like riding a bike.</p>

<p>Thank you. I’ll show my age is I say we all grew up with sticks :)</p>

<p>Thanks for the input!</p>

<p>He can play video games, he can drive a stick shift.</p>