Dropping a Class for a Class

<p>I’m a Californian senior, and I’ve applied to UC’s. Right now, I’m thinking of dropping an AP class for 2nd semester and planning to take a community college course in Intro Psychology. My senior year schedule is fairly good

1. Precalc. Honors
  2. Physics
  3. Yrbook
  4. AP Economics/AP Gov’t
  5. AP Art History
  6. AP English Lit.</p>

<p>The class that I’m planning to drop is AP Art History, which, to me, is a waste of time and I already have taken FIVE semester of arts. So, after dropping that class, I’m planning to enroll in Intro to Psych, which is offered by a local community college, for the remaining semester. This is trading an elective class for an elective class, and they’re both college level; I don’t see a good solid reason why my chances should be affected. But I’d like to hear your opinions on this matter. Thanks</p>

<p>-Luke</p>

<p>Are you sure that it’s a waste of time? Because if I knew someone was taking five semester of Art, I would think that person was really passionate in it. Plus, you are already took the first semester, would it be reasonable to just drop it? (this is an AP course after all) But if you feel that Art History is in the way, then take Psych but remember to notify the UC schools. </p>

<p>Hope that helps :)</p>