Dropping a HS class

<p>So I've looked into dropping one of my classes this semester because it is pointless and I don't need it to graduate. It's called Intro to Culinary Arts I. I work in a kitchen already and the class would be a complete waste of time. Unfortunately, Madison won't confirm or deny you dropping a class, they just ask that you inform them of the change and they will take appropriate action when reviewing the final transcript.</p>

<p>I am currently accepted and enrolled for next fall at Madison. My question is, do you think there is a chance they would revoke my acceptance for dropping this awful class?</p>

<p>I would be surprised if Admissions use this to against you, unless yo had applied for studying food science in Madison. (Is there a such thing as Food science in UW-Madison?). If you want to confirm, I would call the Admissions Office for confirmation.</p>

<p>I doubt that is considered a core academic class (carnegie unit). Go ahead.</p>

<p>Thanks kxc and barrons. I’ll definitely call the Admissions Office and see what they say, but you two have definitely given me more confidence in dropping it.</p>

<p>Drop it. Definitely not an academic class. Better to substitute a study hall and enjoy your final months of HS.</p>

<p>Yeah I’m dropping it. I called the office of admissions and they told me dropping an elective does not affect admission as long as it doesn’t interfere with graduation requirements (obviously).</p>