Dropping Calc BC for AB (rescinded?!?)

<p>So, I have a really ****ty grade (~65) and the grading period will be over at the end of the month, so I’m most likely going to switch into AB (and even then, I’m still incredibly worried about passing). I can come up with a sob story excuse, which is true, but a tad exaggerated.</p>

<p>Would this be any basis for any of the UCs to rescind me? If you get rescinded, when do they notify you? When transcripts are sent or when you notify them of the grade? You would find out before they the accept/decline deadline for the UCs wouldn’t you (I hope)? Also, are any UCs flexible about this, and which? I’m freaking worried :/</p>

<p>Also, should I wait until I’m accepted to notify colleges, or do it immediately with all of them that I applied to even though I don’t know if I’m even accepted or if this would affect my being accepted/rejected?</p>

<p>well, if i were you, i wouldn't notify them right now....or at all... but that's just me.</p>

<p>:? but they would find out when I sent transcripts and the be majorly ****ed when they rescind me and it's too late to go anywhere else.</p>

<p>I'm thinking of waiting until I get accepted, so that it wouldn't affect whether or not I'll be accepted (assuming decisions are still being made.) Input anyone?</p>

<p>Is there any way possible to pull your grade up to a C?</p>

<p>Don't lose hope, don't give up in your class. Another thing you might want to try is talk to your math teacher and explain that your whole future is riding on this grade. Alot of teachers are very understanding.</p>

<p>There's only one more test left (and I don't feel as though I understand the material) and then the final, my grade is already only at a 65 and I'm pretty sure I failed the quiz I just took, so I really doubt I'll be able to pull it up. My teacher is a nice guy, but I doubt he'll raise my grade that much.</p>

<p>Anyone know if dropping BC in favor of AB is enough a college to rescind me?</p>

<p>im in the same situation. i got a D in AB and switched to non-honors Calculus instead. i sent a letter and my principal sent one as well explaining the D and the change. i also had around 65 and worked really hard just so i wouldnt fail the class.</p>

<p>well, i'm taking BC calc right now and i had Major issues with it the first two terms, but i still managed to pull it all up before they closed
and like my counselor said, i think it's better if you try to study really hard and stay in that class
try not to study only the night before, and redo homework problems etc...you'll get the hang of it
and remember the more you stress out about a test/subject, the worse you'll do</p>

<p>but you kinda sound you're pretty set on dropping...is it possible to wait till after you take that last test or whatever you have left and then decide?
If you end up with a C- afterwards, then definitely stay with it</p>

<p>xD, I actually did okay (B) the first term, then my grade dropped to a C second term, now I'm failing T.T. But this grade it mostly my own fault, I should have actually done the hw and started studying earlier than 1 day before the test, but it's too late to whine about that. </p>

<p>I thought about doing that, but now I'm sort of changing my mind. I'm probably going to fail it anyway, so it's just unnecessary work and stress and if I stay with it too long, I'll fall behind in hw in AB (apparently the teacher is gone for 3 weeks so for the rest of this term and next, it's almost all hw grades, sounds like cake :))</p>

<p>What I REALLY want to know if whether this will affect my chances of being accepted/rescinded.</p>

<p>Anyone? :/ I need to make a decision quickly.</p>

<p>Will affect my chances of being accepted/rescinded?</p>

<p>get off the internet, pick up the phone, call the admissions offices of the schools you're interested in and ask. it really is that simple!</p>

<p>Call them up or see if you can retake the course at a community college. UC's seem to be pretty cool about it if you inform them beforehand. If you make a course level change like this, you stand the chance of having potential acceptances being rescinded.</p>

<p>My friend did the same thing when she dropped AP physics. She called up the Berkeley people because she transferred into regular physics. They said they expected people to drop and they really didn't care. I would still call your schools anyways because policies might be different and your situation isn't the same either.</p>

<p>Yeah ... See, I already did that and what did I get? Absolutely nothing! Something along the lines of "we can't say anything about how or if this will affect you." Wow, so simple that I already did it, being condescending is obnoxious and I'm not in the mood for that ****.</p>

<p>@ Peppers, thanks for the reassurance, I'm in the process of notifying my colleges. I'm praying that it's not a big deal because it's not completely dropping a class, but just a slight move down, but I've also heard the UCs are especially strict about this stuff. </p>

<p>Also, at my school, the BC grade from the past two quarters will change into a AB grade so technically it'll just look like I never dropped and took AB all along, but it's still a change so :/</p>

<p>Yeah, the UCs are rather strict with rescinds because of the volume of applicants they get. I'm guessing if you informed then earlier they would have been more understanding, since now is very close to the time when decisions are released, and they've most likely got most of the decisions worked out already.</p>

<p>Well, good luck. I'm sort of in a bit of a pickle because of calc bc as well. Got a D+ first quarter, C for the semester over all, and this quarter I am most likely pulling a B, but the D+ my first quarter worries me. I plan on calling up the UCs tomorrow about it.</p>

<p>Arg, Calc BC is the devil!! Good luck with that, hopefully the UCs will let you take a summer class.</p>

<p>:( I couldn't have informed them any earlier, I just started thinking about dropping a few days ago and I just switched today. Bleh, college is just one pain in the ass after another. Hopefully since I'm already accepted/rejected, they won't want to go to the trouble of rescinding me? Eh, I dunno, hoping for the best.</p>

<p>I think you should get off the internet, pick up your Calc book and study like there's no tomorrow! :p</p>

<p>Too late, I already dropped, and let me say, Calc AB is cake ;) Should have done this in the first place.</p>