Drug problems in UW-Madison?

<p>Title should explain it all. Is the drug use prevalent in UW-Madison? I ask this because my school was littered with drugheads and I wish to know what to expect.</p>

<p>Not that much. Most prefer the legal stuff.</p>

<p>legal stuff… as in alcohol?</p>

<p>Drug use is around if you want it, but not very prevalent. Not really sure what kind of drug use you are referring to, but I’ll run down a few…</p>

<p>Alcohol: It’s everywhere, but as mentioned a lot before if you don’t want it there’s plenty of other like-minded people around.</p>

<p>Tobacco: Not that many people use cigarettes, but certainly more than in California. I’d say maybe 10-15% of people smoke as far as I can tell. You will see the occasional hookahs around.</p>

<p>Weed: I’d say weed use is a bit less than tobacco. It depends on who your neighbors are in the dorms really, but I can smell weed in my hall a couple times a week. More in the winter I’d say as people don’t want to go in the cold. Doesn’t really bother me at all, and it’s not that popular really.</p>

<p>Hard Drugs: I have had no personal experience with users here, but I know some people use pills around here. I think maybe from a tiny bit of X (One person) to some Aderral use. Also my roommate says he was offered cocaine at a party once, but basically these are all isolated incidents and rare. </p>

<p>So I say it shouldn’t affect you as long as you know what you want and keep to your morales or whatever</p>

<p>As Cryto said, it really won’t affect you if you don’t want to be involved in it. I wouldn’t worry about it at all.</p>

<p>such enlightening replies, thank you guys. I will be attending here this fall. Amazing university in every way</p>