Dry Cleaners Recommendation

<p>I am planning ahead for when my DD is a freshman next year at UA. Can anyone recommend a good dry cleaners near campus? My DD seems to have lots of outfits that need to be dry cleaned. :)</p>

<p>I use Woolite Dry Cleaning sheets for blouses, sweaters, skirts, pants and dresses. You get six sheets in the box for about nine bucks and each sheet does four to five items of similar color (fewer for large or bulky items.)</p>

<p>Dryel is a similar product, but I like the way Woolite smells much better.</p>

<p>IF YOU PULL THE ITEMS OUT RIGHT WHEN THE 20 minute CYCLE STOPS, you SELDOM need to iron at all.</p>

<p>Much cheaper than a dry cleaner and easier.</p>

<p>For items like blazers, things with pleats or that need creases, send them to the cleaners…but for most items, try the dry cleaning sheets.</p>

<p>Wow, I have never heard of these. And to think of all the money I have spent at the cleaners. I will certainly try these. Would work great for DD also. Thanks!</p>

<p>Yup. My DD got several cashmere sweaters and silk blouses for her birthday, and they come out perfectly if you hang them immediately.</p>

<p>I also use them for refreshing nice suit skirts and pants (wool, gaberdine, etc) that have creases in them from being worn/ sitting.</p>

<p>The important thing is to group similar colors and weights.</p>

<p>[Penny</a> Profit Cleaners in Tuscaloosa, AL | 508 15th St, Tuscaloosa, AL](<a href=“Penny Profits Cleaner 2730 Stillman Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 - superpages.com”>Penny Profits Cleaner 2730 Stillman Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 - superpages.com)</p>

<p>friends down there recommend Penny profit- My S will be a freshman next year and taking his button downs here… doubt he will iron them…</p>

<p>Penny Profit is a very good dry cleaners, they launder and iron certain articles of clothing (like jeans) and they come out really nicely.</p>

<p>Word of caution about the dryers in the dorms, they run really really hot, I did not find that the temperature could be adjusted as in a home dryer, even low seemed hot. I don’t know if I would trust delicate items in the dryers.</p>