Dual-credit at TAMU

Hello all,

Do high school dual-credit courses count toward college GPA at TAMU or do they incorporate a pass/fail system like some of the other flagship schools in Texas?

They don’t count towards college GPA at Tamu

If you are admitted, they do not count towards the GPA. However, if you are a transfer applicant they DO count.

@Debbie7452 Transfer students GPA’s count towards their cumulative tamu GPA? Where can I find that information, as I have many transfer student friends that do not know this! Thanks

@TamuEngineer https://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-pubs/transfer.pdf

Page 3 on the PDF when scrolling but page 1 of the actual info.

I know the " transfer applicant" calculated GPA includes high school DC classes. Once you get fully admitted, I don’t know what happens then. My son is a transfer applicant right now shooting for a Fall 2017 admit.

@Debbie7452 Ah okay, so DC high school grades count only for transfers as well? Because I took 60 hours worth of DC classes in High School and the GPA has not transferred.

Then again, I was not a transfer student, but very interesting to know! And is this only for new transfers? Or how long has this been in affect?

My son tells me that once he gets admitted, then the gpa will start over. However, for his consideration as an applicant, all the grades count.