Dual Degree at Emory Nursing/ASC

Hi all, high school junior here making my college list! I’m planning on majoring in Nursing, and most of the schools on my list are direct-entry 4-year BSN programs.

I’m thinking of adding ASC to my list bc it has caught my eye (i don’t have any other HWCs/liberal arts schools on my list, but I definitely would if there were more w/ BSN programs). Anyway, if I understand it correctly, through ASC I can get a bachelors degree in something else in 3 years, then apply to Emory in my 3rd year, and if I’m accepted I can get my BSN from Emory in 2 years. This program definitely interests me, especially considering how incredible of a nursing school Emory is supposed to be. But I’m wondering how reasonable it is to attempt to enter that program, given that Emory is pretty selective and I’m a bit above average in school but not that much. I’m wondering if theres members of this dual degree program who know approximately how many members of the ASC program actually do get accepted into Emory Nursing when they apply? I think I’m just uncomfortable with the indefiniteness of it all, like that I’d spend 3 years taking classes where I have no idea whether I’ll get into Emory and whether moving all the way to GA was worth it.

Hi!

I am a senior at Agnes Scott who applied and was accepted into the Dual Degree BSN program in October 2021. The program is a guaranteed admit as long as you complete all of your prereqs in time before the program starts in the fall, and you maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.

Not too many people apply to the program, mainly because Agnes is a liberal arts school, and many don’t have the capacity to commit to the program (they find out later than expected and wouldn’t complete the requirements).

You should apply if you are sure you want to be a nurse as Agnes Scott gives you guaranteed admission to Emory’s program. It is a great program, and you will be a good hands, but it isn’t for everyone. Emory’s atmosphere is very different from Agnes, and if youre a minority, you won’t have the support that Agnes gives. I transferred back because of that.