Dual Majoring Between Colleges

<p>Is it possible to have two majors (each from a different college) at Purdue? </p>

<p>Since I want to be a corporate lawyer, would it be possible for me to pursue a dual major in the College of Liberal Arts and in the Krannert School of Management? (I currently am a prospective History major). For example, would a dual major in History and Economics be possible, and would procedures would I have to take to add Economics as my major?</p>

<p>Yes. But it would take a while since you would have to finish both plan of studies. Might as well instead have two minors or one minor. If you want to add Economics as a major I’m pretty sure your advisor would try to make you finish the classes that are accepted for both Econ. and History major(general education classes) then work on the actual classes for your majors. I seriously think you’d be graduating within six years and you may have to take summer classes a few times.</p>

<p>I agree with Jim, though it may take you less time than 6 years. One of my friends is double majoring in Management (Krannert) and Advertising (LA). He’ll be done in 5 years since a lot of his courses for one major can be used as electives for the other.</p>

<p>That being said, he still needs to take summer classes every year. In my opinion, it’s better to have just 1 major, do well in your classes, spend your summers getting internships and building your network instead of doing a double major and spending all your time taking classes. </p>

<p>Though I’m not into Law myself, but I can see how Law schools will prefer kids with 1 major and internship experiences than someone with ‘just’ a double major.</p>

<p>^ I agree, but you never know how well he does in his classes… Might have to take a few classes twice which could push him back to six years. By the way, if you plan on taking summer classes, tell your advisor that so she can schedule your classes during the Fall and Spring appropriately. It’s because there aren’t many classes offered during the Summer session. I’d also recommend you finding an apartment to live at since dorms. during the this past summer for example were limited to Earhart(for the first month) then you had to move to Purdue Village(two roommates but for two months). The campus is VERY deserted during the summer time so see if you could find a place to sublease at. I’m sure you can find great deals because people would want to make a little money or have some money to pay for their rent.</p>

<p>I don’t think double majoring is worth the time or money personally…</p>