Duke Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

well let’s just wait for decisions! also i just filled it out yesterday bc i didnt get any notification for it and didn’t check my IDOC for a while, so yeah I am screwed

Where did you check for it? We only see the two from when we submitted it which i think is not a good sign for us

1 Like

Turning in late financial aid documents shouldn’t negatively impact your admissions decision, it will just delay your financial aid package. Best of luck but you have a reason to be confident :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are there Any “theories” for those who didn’t apply for aid?

2 Likes

I know nothing about any other theories. As far as I know, the only possible indicator is being requested additional documents if you applied for aid, although this itself is not confirmed to be a sign. I’m simply basing this off my personal experience with other selective schools. I mean, why would the financial aid office go through 40-50k financial apps instead of just the 2k who were admitted?

1 Like

Yes it may if you are international**

omg so i am screwed

Are you international?

And please do not stress as long as you send your css on time you should be all good. Additional documents are not as vital in determining your financial need

No need to correct me, I was referring to both domestic and international applicants. I’m a US resident and did NOT get requests for documents from Duke, even with other institutions requesting them from me (close to the date of decision releases) due to my family’s complicated financial situation.

2 Likes

I sent many of my required IDOC forms until late February when I was able to finally get them together and submit it

Duke is need aware for international applicants meaning your demonstrated need contributes to your admission decision. So your statement above only truly applies to domestic applicants. As an international who applied for financial aid I have spend months researching their policies I just wanted to make them aware.

You’re right. I thought you had responded to my other message. Yes, financial aid for international students can impact the admissions decision, but not for domestic applicants.

2 Likes

agree
who coined the term “portal astrology?”

additionally some schools will go into Aid documents to again review an applicants ability to pay and sometimes, they aren’t able to meet that person’s need so just because the FA office leaves evidence that they went into uploaded documents does not “astronomically” mean an aid package and acceptance are coming down the pike. With so many being accepted ED, and awards going out to others then and afterwards, the RD pool is often a place schools now look for the full pay admits.

2 Likes

Not true for domestic applicants, Duke is need-blind. This isn’t UChicago.

2 Likes

yes

same, however this is a doc specifically asked from duke. It was not the usual verification form

1 Like

Does Duke announce the admission decision release date ahead of time or do they just announce the results on Ivy day? Thank you.

I checked my IDOC yesterday and i found out they requested an additional verification form which was required to fill out (not even optional) and i have 5 items on my fin aid checklist. Wby?

For the record, UChicago is also need blind.