Duke Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Application docs. We noticed on the portal yesterday and got an email today. We have had a replacement sent multiple ways, so hopefully they figure it out.

Someone on the Duke Reddit said they had all their interview slots filled up well before 12/20. :flushed:

That probably varies area to area. Most of these schools prefer to have alumni who live in the area and are familiar with the context of schools in it to interview applicants. So if someone lives in the middle of nowhere, Duke might not be getting many applicants meaning there could be interview slots right up to the RD deadline.

I would take that with a grain of salt.

That is not true. I am a Duke interviewer and interviewed applicants who submitted their applications on 12/20.

3 Likes

Is there a Duike interviewer in KS or MO? Thanks.

That’s good to know.
D has heard nothing and wonder if the missing documents also play a part.

In case this is helpful:
Interview assignment is related to the availability of local alumni. Due to virtual interviews this year, there are occasional out-of-the area interviews being assigned to my region. I am an interviewer and have received an assignment for an applicant who applied on 12/20, as well as applicants who applied before. There were assignments sent as recently as two days ago and as long as 4 weeks ago, for regular decision candidates. It just varies based on region.

6 Likes

when will the regular decision be released for Duke?

1 Like

Usually end of March🤞

1 Like

Is there a way to request interview. Applied by 12/20 and indicated on application. Have not heard anything.

My daughter just received her interview request today. I think they are sending it out now so you should be receiving it soon.

2 Likes

Do you remember if your daughter applied before 12/20 or after? Thx

1 Like

Before 12/20

1 Like

D22 submitted before Nov1st and still hasn’t been offered an interview.

1 Like

Same situation here, S22 submitted Duke RD application before Nov 1st, no interview yet.

Interviews are sent by region so that could be why you haven’t received it yet.

1 Like

Just got my alumni interview invite. Applied on 12/20 (not before).

3 Likes

Are alumni interviewers assigned to people in their region/general area? I just stalked my person on LinkedIn and they did not go to a high school by me or in my state and work in a completely different state (vastly different part of the country for the matter)…

1 Like

Read my post above: Most are done by region, but there are some out -of-the area interviews being assigned this year. I am not privy to the reasons those decisions are made. Don’t worry about it and just be yourself during the interview!

1 Like

Oh, I probably should have read above. Yeah I was confused because in my area it’s always the CEO of this one place that does the interviews and he used to be on the Board of Trustees and so I was confused when I got an email from someone different. My area doesn’t have a lot of people apply.