Duke Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

I cannot access my portal (it just says site cannot be reached). Is anyone else having this problem?

No - my daughter can log into her portal. No issues here.

D22 received an email today for an interview.

4 Likes

I don’t think so! I know people who got in last year and were not interviewed.

3 Likes

Just finished my duke alumni interview. It went great! I had an out of state alum

6 Likes

Son hasn’t received the interview yet, He submitted RD on 1/1. How can he submit an additional recommendation.

For Duke, you had to apply by 12/20 to receive an interview.

1 Like

I wouldn’t send in an additional recommendation at this point unless you have a really compelling reason to do so. If anything, I think an AO could get annoyed.

Duke allows an additional rec if you do not get offered an interview. Neeraj1’s son should be able to see on the portal how to upload, or he can certainly reach out to the assigned AO if the school counselor cannot help and he cannot figure it out.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken - that only applies to those who submitted before 12/20 and were therefore eligible to be interviewed but were not offered one.

@neeraj1 - is this additional recommendation from another teacher? If so, I wouldn’t recommend submitting it. AOs don’t want to see yet another teacher LOR. If on the other hand this LOR will provide a new and significant perspective (example from an employer/research guide/etc) then your son can write to the AO and ask if they’re ok with him submitting this additional LOR.

The website indicates it is for any student not offered an interview, so I was basing it off that information and how it has been in the past.

My son applied 11/15 and just received an email to schedule an interview. We are in NM.

Some schools allow optional recommenders. If Duke allows then you can have them upload through common or coalition itself. My D did 2+1 LORs in most colleges if that helps.

Am I eligible for an interview if I submitted on the day 12/20? Just wondering because I haven’t received anything about an interview. (California student)

My son in NJ had interview about a week ago. The interviewer did mention that alumni are less than number of applications received so his alumni was actually not even from NJ.

Yes, you are. I just got assigned an interviewee today so there is still a chance for an interview. I think all interview feedback needs to be in by 2/24 so I wouldn’t expect interviews after that.

Here is information on what happens if you don’t get an interview - this is from the Duke website. You CAN provide an additional LOR if you applied RD after 12/20 and don’t get an interview.

1 Like

Hey just letting you know I received an interview and I submitting my app Dec 21st my time and dec 20 th American time . I received my invite on New Year’s Day and had the interview jan 20 th. I am from the UK. So even if you applied Dec 21st I believe you are still considered just as long as there is alumni available.

1 Like

Seconding this, I applied ON December 20th and still received an interview. Interviewer was nowhere near my area either.

2 Likes

Hey! Does anyone know where I can find who reads for Southern California?