Duke Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Anyone know the RD decision date???

I saw on ZeeMee someone said March 31st

1 Like

yeah i’ve heard duke typically releases on ivy day?

1 Like

Does anybody know when Early Decision Admits Blue Devils Day will be?

anyone know how many applicants this year ?

Pretty sure it was virtual again - held in January.

Blue Devil Days for ED already happened

ED Blue Devil Days was a virtual event this year as other posters indicated. But if you go to your admission portal and scroll down, you should see links to recordings of the five (welcome, 2 student, parent, and FOCUS program) sessions that were held.

1 Like

This is probably a very basic question, but when is RD decision day? If it’s the same as “Ivy Day,” when is Ivy Day?

1 Like

Ivy Day refers to the day when all the Ivy League colleges release their RD decisions. That’s expected to be 3/31 this year. Duke is not an Ivy so they don’t have to release on that day, but in many past years they have.
No official date announced by Duke yet.

1 Like

I have no reason to think it’s something other than 3/31, but I’m wondering why you say it’s expected to be that date. Is that just sort of the conventional wisdom? (And if so, why?)

It is what has been posted in some of the portals.

1 Like

Long shot, but trying to think positively… will Duke have in person accepted students day this year? If so, any idea when?

Right. A couple of Ivies have listed 3/31 on their application portal. All 8 Ivies are bound by agreement to release on the same day (and usually around the same time)

2 Likes

Financial Portal change?
Saw this morning that they are waiting for parent’s 1040. Could this be a good sign?

It just means someone finally looked at what was uploaded into IDOC months ago and you are missing something. Those functions are separate. They make sure they have the correct info for all applicants.

Make sure nothing is missing for your other schools by logging into CSS.

1 Like

After seeing your post, I logged into Duke portal and then the CSS/IDOC and realized we had a couple of outstanding things to upload (would have been nice for them to email us?!). Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Good thing that you checked… for ours, nothing seems to be missing.
Both CSS and FAFSA was received in Duke portal in January, then all the sudden, parents 1040 info with “waiting” (it was already uploaded in Oct of 2021 via IDOC)

Hi! International student here. Just today, I saw that they are asking me for IDOC submissions and a new field showed up on my finaid portal (I only had “foreign financial aid application” until today, and now I also have “foreign tax return”), does anyone know if it’s a good sign? I check it pretty frequently so I’m 100% sure it’s super recent. They were asking for a dependent verification form.

@Pathnottaken had an answer 3 posts above

1 Like