Duke Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Good luck everyone!!!

2 Likes

does anybody know when likely letters come out for Duke?

how do you locate your financial aid portal ?

i assume in around two weeks

just saw on the portal that is now says that they will have admission decision BY friday 1st april

1 Like

You should see three tabs - it’s the tab on the right. “My Financial Aid Checklist”

But keep in mind that the majority of admitted students will not receive a likely letter.

2 Likes

Mine said the same thing. Hoping it’s a good sign.

My daughter’s Parent Federal Tax Return says “waived”. Any idea why that would be?

1 Like

Because she probably does not file taxes on her own.

She doesn’t, I was asking about parent return. Anyone else has “parent return” as waived?

Yeah, I knew what you meant, because my D has it as well. And it wasn’t like it was pending and eventually was waived. The day the documents showed up in the portal, some showed up as received and that showed up as waived.

1 Like

Thanks! I just asked my daughter to check her fin aid portal today after reading the messages above. Looks like nothing she needs to do.

No problem - of course, I’m afraid it means they already made a quick decision about aid as soon as they got the application (i.e. - if you get accepted, we aren’t going to give you any aid). :rofl: :sob:

My son’s portal has the same thing. I called the FA office today. They said it is “waived” because we used the fafsa data retrieval tool and all data was confirmed. So, no need to upload any additional forms.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!! My first thought was that daughter was rejected already so no further info needed :crazy_face:

Do you think they process FA for all applicants who also apply for FA or only those that admissions tells them are under consideration? I’m not sure how it works with the FA office. Seems like a waste of resources to process all FA applications.

3 Likes

Anyone heard about the Karsh Scholarship finalist yet?

2 Likes

Any idea when decisions will be out?

I believe in the past few years they announced on Ivy Day - or a day prior (as they did last year).

If that holds true for this year, then 3/31 or 3/30.

2 Likes