Duke Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Do you have to apply for these scholarships ?

What about 1550? Or 1500? Granted, there is a subjective element to any review by a human. No naivete there. However, the point is given the testing landscape we have gone through in the past two years, we cannot simply dismiss an institution’s statement that test optional doesn’t put an applicant at a disadvantage. We have all seen plenty of cases in kids with high test scores getting rejected and TO kids getting accepted. Btw, my D did submit a score so she stands to benefit if a score gives advantage over TO.

1 Like

All my daughter’s tests were cancelled.

1 Like

There are kids who went TO with low 1500 to T-20 schools.

1 Like

I went test optional with my 1390 (Highest out of 4 times taken) since it would really weigh me down. I have the highest GPA in my school’s history, and didn’t have access to a lot of help since I’m first gen and low income, so I hope not submitting will work against me.

Apparently Ivy day (3/31) or a day before that day.

anyone could help me with when the merit scholarships finalists notifications come out for international students? or has it already come guys??

Mine had mid 1500 and submitted her scores

1 Like

First gen and low income will probably balance out the tests scores

2 Likes

That is a poor decision, unfortunately.

Really poor judgement. Simply cannot understand why…

1 Like

Hi guys! On the portal, has your admissions checklist also been suppressed?

yeah mine is too

Yeah

yes

This is on the home page of my applicant portal:
ADMISSION DECISION NOTIFICATION
We plan to release admission decisions to Regular Decision candidates by Friday, April 1.
Email instructions will be sent several days in advance.

If I’m not mistaken, this has been there since the beginning :thinking:

(note it’s not a definitive date - “by April 1”)

Gotcha, thanks!

I guess, they thought that they have a better chance going with TO when competing against kids with 1600 or close, so they rolled dice. As much as anyone may think you’re better off with high test scores when you are in a pool with other TO applicants, that may not always be true. My D22 has 1550/36, and when she applied ED to one of top LAC, TO applicants were 65%. I think when she’s paired with a single TO applicant, her odds are better, however, the overall chance of being admitted any school has diminished due to many TO applicants.

That is likely not a good strategy if you’re applying from a HS or region where the majority are submitting their test scores, because AOs compare you against the pool of applicants from the same HS/region. If most have submitted scores and you haven’t, the AO might think you have a low score - much lower than a 1500 (which btw, is a pretty good score).

4 Likes