Duke Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Do all of you have “highlighted” withdraw sentence in My Application Detail and Updates under the Upload Materials?

Right, given the following conditions: 1) test sites open in applicant’s locale; 2) applicant is not a national merit semifinalist; and 3) applicant goes test optional. IMHO, the logical conclusion is that the test scores are mediocre…

1 Like

I do.

2 Likes

Do athletics or extracurricular activities matter at all?

Yes, definitely. They matter a lot.

Yes.

They matter, but cannot make up for a mediocre transcript /etc.

1 Like

Thank you…My son is a an elite Soccer player. with a GPA of 3.9. Worried about the essays though…But he had amazing recommendations from the school counsellor, coaches and his teachers…I hope they will be enough…Has been put on waitlist at Virginia Tech and University of British Colombia in Canada

1 Like

what day does duke usually release RD?

Thank you!

They definitely did when i made that comment…my friend literally showed me his finalist notif email :sob::sob: u can check reddit too if u dont believe me

All recipients were notified on the same day regardless of domestic ir international status

1 Like

aw man so Rubinstein and Trinity scholars already came out too? Ive only heard about the ab scholars coming out

When are BN Duke scholars usually notified? Has anyone heard back?

2 Likes

You mean for students admitted through ED?

I believe it is usually on or near “ivy day”.

What are the dates on everybody’s FA checklist? My S22 has 03/17 on 8 items, and I’ve heard this has been a good sign in previous years.

1 Like

I have 03/09 on 10 items. Why is “03/17” good? Like is it that specific date in particular or does it have to do with if they are processing the financial aid earlier vs later?

^^ I’m probably not getting in LOL either so idk if that helps but I think they contacted me about my aid or something a week ago and I never did anything about it because I don’t really care

1 Like

I think it’s the fact that they’re downloading financial aid forms later. Dates like 03/09 and 03/17 seem like they would be after the evaluation process, and as a need-blind school, why would they be downloading the financial aid documents of applicants who were waitlisted/rejected?

We were pretty confident in a rejection too, so I’m thinking it isn’t a sign of anything.

1 Like