Duke Class of 2027 Official Thread

Anyone heard any rejections?

1 Like

Just got an interview request for this weekend. Excited since Duke is one of my top options :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We never got an interview from Duke. Our FA portal just showed FAFSA and CSS profile as “received” and there was no other required item in the checklist, until yesterday. But today I see 2 items added and missing - parents W2 and tax returns. But they’re already submitted to IDOC when we submitted all the applications and filled out the CSS profile. Do we need to submit them again or can they just pull it from IDOC? Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

We went into IDOC and resubmitted. When you login it will show a list of schools requesting and what documents. I don’t think they can just get those documents, so you have to upload again.
At least that’s what we did! And the messages cleared showing everything had been submitted so I’m assuming that was right.

1 Like

Thank you. When did you resubmit? I just got off the call with the FA office at Duke. They said the reason these 2 docs shows as “missing” in the portal is because they requested them only yesterday. IDOC was proactive in collecting this information ahead of time from us, when we submitted the CSS profile, based on what other colleges requested. The FA office person said that we don’t have to submit it again, if our docs are already in IDOC. We should see the updated list on the FA portal in 3 - 4 days, according to them, as they’ll pull it from IDOC directly.

Just had the exact same conversation with them! :joy:

1 Like

Oh, well I’m glad you asked! :laughing:
Maybe I didn’t need to do that before! I submitted them to other schools who asked later, but I’m going to check my son’s Duke FA portal to see what documents we’ve submitted.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s a bad sign if it says parent tax return waived? :laughing: Maybe it just means they saw our FAFSA and CSS and decided we didn’t qualify for aid and so they waived the tax return? That was on 2/23

1 Like

If you pulled tax info by using the IRS retrieval tool in FAFSA to complete, many universities no longer need to see actual tax returns as they already know the info is legit. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Now it looks like FA downloaded a few documents from IDOC. We didn’t resubmit any of them.

2 Likes

Can you share how you can tell what docs FA has downloaded? Is it from IDOC or from the actual FA page in app portal?

Yeah, it was parent w2, tax returns, schedule D, student w2, non filer statement and something else. They did that yesterday. Before that, all I saw was Fafsa and css. This is on FA portal

Anyone else has more doc in FA portal?

1 Like

Do you have these on FA portal too?

Parent tax return was waived from the beginning. Time stamp got updated on 2/23:
Duke

1 Like

I have docs on my Duke FA portal too.

I am an intl btw, but Duke is requesting IDOC.

Have any international students received admissions interviews?

1 Like

Quick poll: How many of you are seeing more items than just FAFSA and CSS on your Fin aid portal? :+1: my message if you do. :bulb: if you don’t

9 Likes

Does anyone’s status on Slate show “Decided”?

1 Like

Does anyone’s status on Slate show “Decided”?

3 Likes