Duke Class of 2027 Official Thread

All of this slate stuff is kind of why cc gets a bad rep. If you look closely at every single college on the completed section for me, you can see that they were all updated on the same day. There is no possible way that all of these colleges updated today, it just means that Slate had some technical error or was providing an update and they changed everyone’s status for multiple colleges on the same day

So, I have been skimming through the recent posts and I have a few comments. First of all, portal astrology can be fun, but don’t overthink it, because it can be unnecessarily stressful and pretty much none of it is right. I have never even heard of Slate before this month.
That being said, the Franklin & Marhsall thing somebody mentioned above was absolutely accurate the last few years (and sounds like maybe it was again this year)- but it was particular to F&M and it was in the email you received 24 hrs before decision day anyway telling you to check your admissions portal.
For those who mentioned not receiving any email from Duke - I can verify my D22 did not receive a single email from Duke after the email that said they received her application until the one that said “decisions will be available in the portal on March 31st…” - which they did not receive until 2 days before decision day last year. The only exception was an email from an alumni requesting an interview, which wasn’t really from Duke. Had no impact on her acceptance and now she is happily loving Duke.
As for speculation on boxes in the mail coming from Duke, when my D22 was accepted to Duke last year, she did not receive her box of swag until over a week later. It wasn’t even post-marked until about a week later - that is to say, they aren’t one of those schools that make sure you get swag on decision day.
I don’t recall what the take was on addresses last year or if anybody figured out if it meant anything because there were different theories on different school threads.

Anyway - less than 48 hours to go, good luck everybody! :blue_heart::smiling_imp:

13 Likes

Super helpful message. Thank you!

2 Likes

no addresses current decision decided 7:09 AM ET. Don’t read into astrology, it doesn’t mean anything. Many this season have had the acceptance signs, but it doesn’t hold to fruition. 2 days left, and IVY day tmrw so don’t stress the process is almost over.

2 Likes

so ours just updated to today’s delivery as well. oh well! its probably something we ordered and forgot about :frowning:

good luck!

You too! 10 hours…and then I can breathe lol

1 Like

Isn’t Duke tomorrow, 3/31?

yea its tomorrow at 6 PM EST

did anyone get an email from wisr

1 Like

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! Currently at Duke and will be opening my Duke decision tomorrow, lol!

2 Likes

Do you guys still have access to the withdraw button?

2 Likes

nope

Nope

Has anyone who was on applicant yesterday been updated? Still lingering in the applicant zone here.

1 Like

anyone have adresses in their portal?

nope

3 Likes

My son has complete and no addresses.

my slate just switched to decided, does this mean anything?? :sweat_smile: i had several friends in my area who had decided weeks ago, so its not a region thing

1 Like

Any signs?