Duke Class of 2027 Official Thread

What’s slate? Sorry, never heard that term before.

1 Like

as i understand colleges use this software to navigate students applications. they say you can see whether college made a decision on your application

the website is https://slate.org/ and you make a student account and enter in information exact as common app

Oh wow. Ok. Never heard of this before. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes, vs625, Slate shows a decision has been made for my D23 as well

1 Like

Did your daughter apply EA or RD?

Is this a real thing?

apparently so… you just provide the name and school and it pulls the status from each of the schools you applied to.
By the way, it says “complete” for us, not decided yet.

We’re exactly the same as you. IDOC request, FA forms downloaded today, complete but not decided.

1 Like

Same

For me, slate says “Complete”. I don’t think it means anything - slate.org is really weird and mostly doesn’t reflect the application statuses accurately in my experience.

1 Like

Oh ok. Good to know. Thank you.

Is this historical that those who has FA doc are accepted?
Anyone got new FA download please share. Thanks.

Yeah, I got new FA docs in my Duke fin aid portal; however, I think it doesn’t really mean anything.

For my D23, it correctly shows where she has been given decisions as “Decided”. For all others, just says “Complete”. But it’s missing some colleges such as BU and BC which I suspect may not use SLATE?

How do you get your information on slate
did you make an account on the website???

1 Like

Yes, just the student name and their high school info will pull the necessary info. We created an account just last night. We never heard of slate before.

Does it work? Can you tell what schools made decision already? I could not registered as it couldn’t find my high school. Is there a contact email?

1 Like

does anyone know if the green means anything?

3 Likes

your status is actually showing that it has not been decided and is awaiting decision

1 Like