Duke Early Decision for Fall 2023

Deferred :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

So you can be either accepted, denied or deferred?

1 Like

I was also deferred. Can you share your stats?

35 ACT, 4.0 UW GPA. Strong ECs. Didnt submit AP scores

Same stats as you.

Sameā€¦do we know how many were deferred

Did you submit AP scores

My deferred son has a 4.58 GPA, IB student, Student Body President, President of a student-run charity that raised $180k this year, Captain of the lacrosse team, 34 ACT, etc. He has worked hard and is so accomplished, but he knows how amazing so many other kids are, too - their generation is beyond impressive and competition is mind-blowing!

6 Likes

Stats?

1 Like

Typically they defer as many as they accept

2 Likes

As mentioned before, we were told that this is the ā€œnon recruited athlete roundā€ā€¦so to have been accepted ED the kids must be over the top impressive! The athletes are told to apply RD and just get ā€œflaggedā€ in the systemā€¦by our count, itā€™s about 150-200 per class of athletes, and with about 800 already accepted and presumably matriculatingā€¦makes it a lot tougher to get accepted RD for NARPs. RD is really just filling about 500-600 spots

1 Like

Deferred. :disappointed:

I had 8 APs, 1 5, 3 4s and 4 3s nd didnā€™t submit them. Any views on whether it was a good idea or not?

Stats please

Why not be transparent? Otherwise, the assumption is that they are badā€¦

2 Likes

Congrats to those deferred. Keep hope alive!!! I was hoping one of my twins would be a blue devil. Keep in mind that those who apply early also tend to be of the most qualified than the RD pool. So, that is a positive!!!

4 Likes

I put in AP scholar with distinction

Deferred :frowning:

Accepted!!! (shocked)

No hooks but a very unusual extracurricular activity.
Midwest (rural)
Neuroscience and History
GPA: 3.99 UW (school does not weight)
SAT/ACT: 34
Number AP/DE classes taken: 7 completed; 5 in progress now - all 4s and 5s on exams
APs/Honors: AP = Gov, APUSH, Euro, World, Bio, Physics, Calc BC, Lit, Lang, Psychology, Computer Science, Macro. Honors = Chemistry, French, Geometry, and Trig.

4 Likes

But this is simply not credible if you donā€™t document with corroborating scores. It gets to the ā€œwhat are you hidingā€. If you have to make people guess about stuff, this often leads to an unfavorable outcomeā€¦

3 Likes