Duke Early Decision for Fall 2023

This wait is getting harder by the day. They need to release it by the 15th.

5 Likes

Someone send over a duke rejection letter, need to get used to reading it :confused:

https://ivyhub-simulators.andressevilla.com/duke/login.html

3 Likes

I was hoping we would find out the 15 I don’t know how my son is going tp handle waiting longer:( I know he will find out a few other schools he applied to on the 15th ( not ED ) Anyone else hear from any other schools?

I think that ED decisions might be coming out on the 17th because I emailed the financial aid office about things regarding my financial aid and they emailed back saying the financial aid packet would be released with the acceptance on the 17th.

1 Like

Damn.

So I guess the 15th, 16th and 17th should be the most likely dates decisions come out then.

I predict we will get a email Monday that decisions are on Thursday the 15th.

7 Likes

waiting is the worst. i feel like im in a limbo between finishing my RDs this week or waiting to finish them until after duke comes out :frowning:

4 Likes

That’s bad juju. Just picture yourself happy somewhere that isn’t you bedroom. It’s all gonna be alright

1 Like

My son is in the same boat he needs to finish his RD by next week before our school closes. I told him pick 1 or 2 more top schools that are on his list and apply. He already had to apply to the state schools because they had early deadlines. He is just feeling overwhelmed as I know they all are.

I emailed you back on the forum

How many recommendations did you submit?
I just realized one of my son’s recommendation was never sent and we never had an interview, we probably could of sent it. Yes I know it’s to late for ED atm but just frustrated.

Was it from a teacher??

I can’t see who the question is directed to, but I’ll answer anyways incase it helps. I submitted: Two teacher recs (physics and business), one counselor rec, and one optional rec written by my head of school. I got an interview too. Don’t stress on the interview part though. From what I’ve heard they’re purely based on availability of alumni’s. And lastly, I’m an international student!

1 Like

That is very frustrating. I believe they asked for 2 teachers and a counselor recommendation.

1 Like

No it was the “other” but it was a strong recommendation. Sorry just annoyed that I didn’t catch this sooner the number of times I looked at the portal to.

Additional lor should’ve been emailed. Also, why wasn’t the letter uploaded to common app?

If you go into the FERPA/Recommender section of the Duke application on the Common App, it allows for the 1 required counselor recommendation; 2 required teacher recommendations; 1 optional teacher recommendation; and 1 “other recommender” recommendation (clergy, coach supervisor, arts teacher, volunteer service, etc.). ED applicants who did not receive an interview by November 20 were able to submit an additional letter recommendation. You can find this on the Duke web site at Apply - Duke Undergraduate Admissions.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t we have gotten an email confirming the dates by now?

3 Likes