Duke Early Decision for Fall 2023

Monday

1 Like

Which country are you from?

Pakistan!

2 Likes

KGS? Or Aitchison?

Neither, Beaconhouse. Are you also from Pakistan?

1 Like

if we don’t get an email abt ED release date/time tmr, im throwin handsss (in frustration) :imp: :sob:

3 Likes

Beaconhouse is a great school! My son has applied ED. SAT optional so not very hopeful.

Hopefully we both get in!

1 Like

So…we know the dates emails were sent but do we also know the times when they were sent?

Just wondering what time are they going to notify us today?

2 Likes

Last year Duke Admissions emailed my son at 6:03pm on 12/9 that decisions would be available on 12/16 at 7:00pm.

From personal experience, refreshing the portal every 15 minutes does not make this time pass more quickly.

5 Likes

They emailed a whole week in advance last year? Wow I doubt our decisions will come on Thursday

1 Like

Okay so we emailed the school to see if he could send another letter because as you know one of his letters were not sent and he never received and interview they emailed back that he could still send a letter but to know that decisions will be in the next few weeks:(

If you look at the data on historical notifications, they seem to have notified mostly 3 days before. ED 2 apps need to be in by first week in Jan for other schools. I think they will tell the kids this week. It will likely be Thursday or Friday. But who really knows for sure! Good luck to all.

3 Likes

Didn’t FinAid say it was this Saturday (17th December)?

yep, but duke has NEVER released early decision on a saturday. so im thinking that finaid meant to say “by december 17th” tbh.

2 Likes

Fin Aid said that the Fin Aid would be sent along with admissions info on the 17th. I wondered if “along with” meant “on the heels of”, perhaps meaning a day or 2 later. In that case, it would mean notification of admission on Thursday with fin aid info to follow.

4 Likes

Right, like I don’t think they’d be able to release it on a Saturday or Sunday because I don’t even think admissions people are working over the weekend

do we know if the duke finaid letter is always attatched to an early decision acceptance letter? (assuming u submitted FAFSA and CSS before the finaid deadline)

Right, that makes much more sense.

1 Like

This waiting is stressful! Exams this week will keep son occupied, but not me!

5 Likes