Duke Early Decision for Fall 2023

Same !!! My son has exams but still stressed he finds out from some of the state schools this week as well

2 Likes

Saturday!!

1 Like

Yep. ED Decisions will be released at 2pm on Saturday. I don’t recall hearing that Duke has ever released on a Saturday before.

3 Likes

I got the email too! I was hoping it would be earlier. Really nervous now!

1 Like

Yes, just saw the email.

1 Like

not in the past ten years or so. SOBBING SATURDAY IS TOO FAR AWAY :frowning:

2 Likes

Does this delay mean they had an exceptionally high number of ed applicants?

2 Likes

I wonder if a Saturday announcement is indicative of a much larger than normal ED pool this fall! Ugh. 2pm Saturday can’t get here soon enough.

2 Likes

the duke chronicle and/or duke today usually release news articles with the numbers (ED applicant pool size, # accepted for each trinity and pratt, overall acceptance rate, etc). it usually comes out between 2-4 pm the day ED comes out.

2 Likes

Definitely. They never release on Saturday. Plus, the largest #of applicants they had was in 2020, when decision were released late December 18th

3 Likes
ED Acceptance Rate Admitted to Pratt Admitted (Overall) # Applicant Pool News Release Time (always on day of decision release)
2021 - Class of 2026 - released Thursday, 12/16 @ 7:00 PM 21% 160 855 4,015 3:44pm EST
2020 - Class of 2025 - email on Tuesday, 12/5 that decisions would be released Friday, 12/18 @ 7:00 PM 16% 164 840 5,036 2:55 PM EST
2019 - Class of 2024 - email on Monday, 12/9 that decisions would be released Thursday, 12/12 @ 7:00 PM 21% unknown 887 4,300 4:06 PM EST
2018 - Class of 2023 - email on Monday, 12/10that decision would be released Thursday, 12/13 18% 168 882 4,852 unknown
2017 - Class of 2022 - released Thursday, 12/14 21% 168 875 4,090 unknown
2016 - Class of 2021 - released Wednesday, 12/14 24% 170 861 3,516 unknown
2 Likes

Did anyone get a email regarding STRONGBOX?

I have a strong feeling the number of ED applications will be up materially from last year. It is what it is, and don’t worry about that which you cannot control.

1 Like

UVA released ED stats this afternoon. Their ED applications were up 23% over last year’s numbers. I don’t think that will be an anomaly.

1 Like

this is so unforch, but i agree w u beefstew2. there’s no other reason they would break their release day tradition of the past however many years of releasing on thurs or fri
and they choose SATURDAY. they’re definitely taking this week to make more decisions, and i don’t think they’ve finished making decisions like other ED schools releasing this week have ex: upenn.

im still in denial bruh guess i’d better finish my RDs before saturday </3

2 Likes

I have a recital at 3 PM so I have to wait until after to open it
 oh that’s going to eat me up LOL

4 Likes

Does everone have the mid year grades awaiting status on portal?

1 Like

yes, that’s normal. after all, we can’t send in midyear grades if our first semesters aren’t over yet.

But if you are accepted ED, wouldn’t they only want to see end-of-year grades? And if the decision is a denial, they wouldn’t care about them, right?

i wouldn’t overthink it. the fact that they pushed the ED release date to saturday makes me think they’re still going thru apps and making decisions, so i doubt they’ve had the time to update the portal about who they’re requesting mid-year grades from (and a lot of people might not even be accepted/rejected/deferred on their end yet lol). besides, if you’re deferred ED, you are moved to the RD pool and they’ll still want your mid-year.

3 Likes