Duke Early Decision for Fall 2023

Yes you are technically correct. I should have said Top 10, prestigious university. But the comments t still stands that Duke’s yield is not as high as its peer set.

2 Likes

It’s an “Ivy Plus”.

2 Likes

With the exception of Stanford, MIT, and Chicago, Duke’s yield is comparable to or better than any top university outside the Ivy League - and is even a match for some Ivies.

Just sayin’ . . .

3 Likes

Thank you for the very positive Good Thoughts! I like it.

1 Like

For the Class of 2025, Duke yield rate—defined as the proportion of admitted students who choose to enroll in the program—was 54%. For instance, universities like Stanford and Harvard had yield rates of over 80%, while the University of Chicago, MIT, and Yale all had yield rates of at least 70%. In this category, Duke came in around institutions like Northwestern, Notre Dame, and Dartmouth.

If you look at top 10 yields, the only school that is lower that Duke is Hopkins…just saying :wink:

1 Like

I’m an alumnae and they are actually very transparent about it. Our kids are told they HAVE to apply ED for legacy status to count (I’m not complaining, just explaining). They do a really nice job with alumni kids, definitely managing expectations!

2 Likes

Saturday 12/17 at 2 EST is what they have emailed applicants.

So, all this talk of yield leaves out any mention of yield protection, of which ED is a big part. The fact that HPYS do not even need to offer ED to get those yield rates is impressive. But so much is wrapped up in name and status, it all needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

So, we’re in agreement. :+1:

Just curious where some of the applicants are located?
We are in Florida

Has anyone heard if they were selected for the Scholars in Marine Medicine at Duke for 2023

That program is for current undergraduates and usually is announced in January.

2 Likes

Awesome program !!! Have you had kids in it?

No, mine is a Humanities kiddo.

2 Likes

Admissions checklist is gone! It’ll be Saturday before we know it​:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I just saw that as well!!! My son is stressed but happy to finally just find out:)

4 Likes

It’s gone for me too and replaced with the ED notification date and time!! Super stressed and nervous now!

2 Likes

did everyone have mid year grades as missing before today>

1 Like

Yup

1 Like

Yes