Duke waitlist 2026

This probably explains why they haven’t sent out more emails

1 Like

someone else** (sorry, typo)

So I called
They said they should be notifying everyone by midweek next week
I asked them re the info on the chances they said they cannot comment but they wanted to finish everything soon
Also for denials they probably won’t send an email and to follow them on social medial and they will update when they close their waitlist
But the lady was super nice and said they understand the wait but she said we are hoping to admit more people

1 Like

Great feeling.

This is pretty sad… No wonder why no news on Pratt and all… All hopes on Duke are gone now… but thanks so much for the info.

1 Like

Curious as to why you inferred that hopes is lost from that response.

Well, including what @ceresmir said above,

With @QB64 said,

It seems to me if you synthesize everything that has been said at least a few more people will be admitted from the waiting list. Not a lot, but a few. It is surprising to me that this info is being shared. Even more surprising that an official email would not be sent out. I think these updates are helpful…they reinforce what I already knew, coming off the waitlist is going to be harder than getting in RD. However, that is all I take from them, you (or me or someone else) might be the one exception. We are not all going to get in, and if we really wanted to go to Duke should have done ED.

1 Like

did what she say make it seem like there could be some decisions coming out tn?

and by notifying everyone by next week midweek do u mean that’s when they’re closing the waitlist or that they’re going to admit people then?

She didn’t say anything about decisions tomorrow
She said by middle of next week we will notify
When I asked re closing the waitlist notification she said we won’t be sending emails we will just update on our social media
So I guess time to really move on
If anyone of us hit the jackpot that’s great if not May be for grad school

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this information

Any updates?

i haven’t gotten anything but im assuming they wouldn’t contact us during the weekend
monday maybe?

Oh right! Also random but I was looking at past years’ threads and there was an offer for someone to take a gap year and join Duke in the next year’s class. Have you guys heard of this?

Yes I read it somewhere also
I am not sure if that’s anyone would want to do … it’s hard to explain a gap year now that the pandemic is becoming an endemic on a resume for future

1 Like

ohhhh true

i personally havent heard of that but like qb64 said im not sure if they would offer that this year
wishing the best of luck for all of us tomorrow or this upcoming week :sob::sob:

2 Likes

:slight_smile: no news here

2 Likes

anyone?

1 Like