Duke waitlist 2026

Ex-waitlist kid here. I would push back on this. While this typically holds true for other colleges, this email has been a very good sign in previous years. For me personally (2020), I received an acceptance 2 hours after receiving the email and know ~5 people in my class with similar experiences. I’ve also now monitored the Duke waitlist for a few years now on CC etc. and never have I heard of someone receive this and not get off within the next 24 hours. Take it with a grain of salt fs, as I suppose it’s possible that they changed policy, but it’s def more than hopefulness

2 Likes

With that said - I would echo this. There will fs be more waves, but it’s a lot harder to tell when or how many people from this point forward. Get off CC and enjoy your year - you all worked very hard and have a bright future ahead of yourselves regardless!! If you get an email, great. If not, start getting excited for wherever you will be. Scouring the forum isn’t gonna increase your chance of getting the in

1 Like

@medium_loan , what nobody can answer, though, is who got off the WL without this e-mail.

But let’s hope this bodes well and these folks will be joining you on campus. And great advice!

Congrats! May I ask the same question that I asked the other person?

1. Did you ask for Financial Aid when you applied?
  2. Have you done anything after accepting on the waitlist like submitting LOCI, awards, etc?

Thank you in advance!

Ive seen ppl who got the email and got off a few days to a week later

Yes, I applied for fin aid for around 40-50 k a year, and sent a loci a few days after being waitlisted. I sent a short loci a few days ago updating that I visited the campus, and my counselor sent in a letter of rec. Basically I did everything I could possibly do lol

2 Likes

Thank you so much for letting me know that you’re still interested in Duke. I think we’ll be able to share some good news with you soon.

Be sure to check your Duke [application portal] in the next 12 to 24 hours. I know that we intend to offer admission to some students on our waiting list in the coming days, and I’m hopeful that you’ll be among them.

….Soo i think i got in

11 Likes

Congratulations:)

Wow, They were so positive in their message regarding your possible admissions; usually they are so careful. What info did u have to provide in the form they sent you?

congrats!!! hopefully they send out a couple more before may 1 like they did in 2020 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think you did too, @yearofvestaire! Congratulations!

Yup got the same email! See you in the fall maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got the email too. Did anyone who got the email receive any updates in the portal yet?

what major did u apply for?

Also got the email but no updates yet. Does anyone know what the portal looks like if you get accepted off the waitlist? Is it similar to opening the letter?

1 Like

Trinity

when did you get urs?

9:30 am ish Pacific Time

does ur portal look different at all? thanks for answering all of these!

Ya no problem! No I haven’t gotten anything in my portal. It said 12 to 24 hours so I think I need to wait longer?