Duke waitlist 2026

has anyone heard anything yet today?

still haven’t gotten the official acceptance yet

I’m sure it’s only a matter of time!!

Plus it’s Duke commitment day today - so they may be simply busy processing everything. Good luck.

1 Like

no pratt movement yet?

i think you’re right; this afternoon “Gap Year Application” and “Defer Your Duke Enrollment” options appeared in the sidebar of my portal, but no acceptance letter so i guess I’ll have to wait it out

2 Likes

Anyone from Pratt get off?

do we think more emails could be sent out today?

Nopes :slight_smile:

Yea maybe!! But I wouldn’t actively wait for anything

yeah! my ao told me theyre planning to release some early may but idk if thats like today or this upcoming week

You have actually talked to your AO? I am surprised it seems like Duke just wants everything directed at the Admissions Committee. Hope that is a good sign for you!

I have been reading everyone’s comments and wanted to mention a few things I have been told. First, congratulations to everyone contacted before May 1. I was told by a private admissions counselor that some believe that Duke yield protects. There are some people, whose profile is such that they believe you will go to an Ivy, so they waitlist you. If you accept the waitlist offer, and do a LOCI, they are then apt to admit you before May 1. That may have been the first wave of people that was just admitted. Not sure how accurate this info is, but thought I would share. Also, I noted people talking about majors and the potential that those majors are full. I am pretty sure Duke does not require you to declare a major until Sophomore year, so that may be an issue. Finally, if I am correct about this select group that might explain why there were Trinity and not Pratt admits. For some reason, I thought they did an equal number of admits one-to-one. Just like all of you I am speculating, but thought I would share. Best of luck to everyone. At least we made the waitlist, that is more than a lot of people can say! Congrats to everyone!

3 Likes

hi, how were you able to get in contact with your ao if you don’t mind me asking?

i hope so!!!

i emailed duke admissions some updates and they provided me with my regional ao’s email!

1 Like

I really think the fact she responded to you directly is a great sign-Congrats! I have only uploaded a LOCI in the portal. It is so frustrating. I do not want to do too much or too little. The one good thing is the people in admissions at Duke seem to be very nice!

My AO never replied :frowning:

Ouuu thats exciting! Fingers crossed for all of us!

1 Like

It is highly unlikely Duke “yield protects”, in the traditional sense that people on CC use the term–WL higher gpa/higher stat kids for fear they aren’t coming–because if you look at Duke admitted data the stats are sky high and same as all the ivies etc. However, Duke does look very closely at essays and in particular the Why Duke essay. I am an interviewer and one piece of information we ask based on the training sessions is Why Duke? You would be surprised how common it is that students are clearly not too knowledgeable or just do not 'fit " what Duke is seeking. So, an absolutely outstanding candidate with a poor Why Duke could certainly be WListed, but that is not yield protection in the classic sense, and the ivies practice the same thing ,for the majority that have a “Why X”.

As for majors, Duke does not admit by major(outside of the fact that you have to apply to a specific school division, Pratt vs Trinity). Most freshman change what they are interested in anyway, and do not declare until the end of sophomore year, so that would not make sense.

4 Likes