Duke Waitlist 2027

Hey! Thought it’d be nice to have a seperate thread for all things Duke waitlist this year :slight_smile: Feel free to ask questions, post updates, etc.

4 Likes

We are joining the waitlist group…thanks for starting the thread. Daughter is headed to Michigan if not Duke.

1 Like

Same here! Umich is most likely where I’ll commit if not Duke

Everyone got this email right?

yeah

1 Like

Does anybody know where I can find my regional AO’s email? Also, if I have already uploaded an LOCI, should I still email my regional AO or would it be overdoing it?

2 Likes

I also found this on Duke’s website: “Please note that Duke does not consider personal contact with regional admissions officers or other admissions staff as a factor when making admissions decisions.”

I don’t think they publish the regional AO email as I tried to look about a month back when I had a question and just ended up emailing the general admissions email. I think just uploading to your portal is sufficient.

2 Likes

I was told that they do not give out the local AO person.

1 Like

That makes sense. In my LOCI, I didn’t focus a lot of demonstrating fit – just a paragraph about what I like about Duke. Most of it was focused on my app updates, new awards, and stuff. However, I do have an update that I didn’t mention. Do you think it would be a good idea to write another update about a week after I uploaded my first LOCI which would have the update I didn’t include but would primarily focus on why I am a good fit? I wonder if that would be overdoing it.

• on demonstrating (sorry, typo)

Is it a really important update and something that just happened, like an award you couldn’t mention in your first LOCI because you didn’t know about it? If not, it seems like they might wonder why you didn’t mention it in the first place and why you are sending a 2nd LOCI so soon after. If you do really want to send something else I would probably wait a week or two.

I don’t know if it’s a really important update, I could probably hold off on it for now. Do you think an LOR from a current Duke student would help in any way or form? Or should I just skip?

You may run the risk of doing too much, and potentially looking too desperate? What are your other options?

I could get an LOR from my school or my employer or send nothing at all. Don’t know what would be the best at this point, tbh.

I was told just a LOCI is all we should send but you have some good points about other things. I definitely would not do more than two tho…probably would be overdoing it. I was told not even everyone does a LOCI. My daughter is still working on hers - think it matters it did not go in yet? I was told by this coming week it should be there.

That makes sense, thank you. I’ll probably hold off on the second update for now, at least.

Good luck to all waitlisters! When do we think the ideal date to submit our LOCI etc would be, and does anyone have any input on how many students Duke will accept off of the waitlist this year?

1 Like

The website mentions that around a thousand people accept a spot on the waitlist every year – shouldn’t be too different this year. 1000 +_ 100.

Yeah, do you think it is 1,000 total or 1,000 each for Trinity and Pratt, so 2,000 total? I was a little confused about the wording when they mentioned separate waitlists for each school. In terms of how many they take, I don’t think they have published the CDS from Fall 2022, but from Fall 2021 it shows they took 88. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like