Duke Waitlist 2027

I think last year there was an announcement on duke’s social media or sth? dunno what will happen this year…I only know that the ivies are sending out rejections at this point.

oooops sorry, wrong person

My child just got rejected from Cornell today, have not heard from Duke yet, but at this point, not getting hope up.

2 Likes

I spoke to admissions and they will be closing the waitlist by the end of the week, possibly as soon as tonight or tomorrow. While acceptances before then are technically possible, they do not seem at all likely.

3 Likes

If anyone does hear, please post here!

2 Likes

By the way several Unis have not closed waitlists yet. I know someone who heard from Brown 2 days ago (accepted) and others who are waiting on UCLA and Northwestern

1 Like

NYU also released a few decisions yesterday

Got an email saying sorry waitlist is closed…

Same. :sob: I called a couple weeks ago and the lady told me that there was definitely one more wave coming. Makes no sense.

Sigh. In all optimism at least we can move on. I’m sure all of you will do great at your respective colleges. Good Luck!

2 Likes

Heartbreaking. I knew the chance was extremely slim but I was still hoping for a miracle. If I had understood the process like I do now I would have definitely ED’d. I guess it wasn’t meant to be. : (

At least they emailed us and it was a really nice email. I heard in years past people were just told to check social media. And at least they didn’t draw it out longer. Still sad though. Oh well, time to move on. Good luck to everyone at your committed schools!

2 Likes

Best luck!

Best of luck everyone. You will all do great wherever you go.

1 Like

We also received the rejection email this afternoon and yes, at least we get to move on now! I’ve been watching this thread for a while, and really appreciate the emotional support I received during the whole process. Best luck with your choice of college, everyone!

My child didn’t receive a rejection email (and yes we checked the spam and everything lol), but she’s not able to access her portal (she can login but she only sees a message about 2022-2023 applicants - does this mean she was rejected?). Is the waitlist officially closed or are acceptances still rolling out in June?

The email said the waitlist is closed and they will not offer any more spots. It was pretty clear that yes, it’s officially closed. The first sentence of their email said:

“I am sorry to tell you that we are concluding the admissions process, and that unfortunately we will not be able to offer anyone else admission from the waiting list this year.”

You can certainly call and ask why you didn’t receive it but from the wording of the email it’s more likely a technical error of some sort than any kind of good news. Also, the fact that your portal is shut down also means your application is no longer under consideration.