Duke Waitlist 2027

Good news for someone on the waitlist! My daughter will be passing on Duke for the fall and will let her spot expire on Monday. She’ll be choosing NC State honors program most likely over UNC at this point. Good luck to those of you who are waiting anxiously. :smiley:

1 Like

Has anyone got an email yet? It was supposed to come out yesterday night or today morning…

I’d really think hard about what you’re turning down, particularly in terms of optionality of outcomes, and regrets/etc…

1 Like

“Supposed to” is strong language to use for something like this

Most likely turning down heavy debt for in state tuition…

3 Likes

Aside from turning down about 300k in debt, she really doesn’t feel like she fits in at Duke or Carolina. If all schools were the same cost, her choice is NC State. Not concerned about the outcomes, totally confident she’ll excel in her math studies and on to Grad school and a solid future. But yes, on paper it might not make sense to an outside observer. Wish we could sell her spot on stubhub, but that’s not an option yet!
As parents, we are not ones to force her hand- that would be the worst regret. Looking forward to the future. We have a multi school extended ACC family(the big four in NC) and my sibling is a Duke grad, so bring on the rivalries!

7 Likes

So does anyone know what exactly happened to the Duke waitlist?

i think it’s just cause the 28th was a friday this year and they normally have to update the portal and do it like a day later so they wouldn’t be working saturday and be able to do it—past years the 28th has been a different weekday. i think everyone is overreacting and some stuff will come out monday

2 Likes

My daughter just got an email right now asking to update her interest. Anyone else?

1 Like

Congrats to your daughter! And also oh wow they’re working on the weekends

i have also just received the email!!

1 Like

My daughter got the email asking to update her interest.

2 Likes

is your daughter Trinity or Pratt?

Trinity

Trinity too

I’m also trinity!

Maybe they are sending to all Trinity applicants today? Trying to weed down the numbers more?

Has anyone from Pratt gotten the email?

So the first wave for Trinity has probably begun right—are we expecting them to send those emails asking to update interest throughout the entire day?

Or has that already ended this morning?

1 Like

What state are you from and what major?