Duquesne Class of 2028 Questions

My D24 was accepted into the Integrated Marketing Communications program for the fall. We live about 6 hours away and will be visiting in a couple weeks. We don’t know a ton about the school and I am interested if anyone has any thoughts. Pittsburgh seems like a great city and the location seems amazing for a campus.

They give great merit, making it a real player for my daughter. Her other top choices are Manhattan (her sister goes there so we know a ton) and Temple.

Thanks!

My S24 was also accepted at Duquesne and after visiting, it is his #1 school. It’s a self contained campus in the middle of downtown Pittsburgh. Great location! Seems like a wonderful community - more tight knit than larger schools. We are about 5 hrs away from Pittsburgh. I think it’s a great school!

I also have a daughter at Temple. She loves it. It scares me a bit given the crime rate, but Temple has worked REALLY hard on safety on campus and in the “safety zone” around the school.
Good luck!

Thank you! We are actually heading out tomorrow for a visit/tour on Friday! I think the major is a great match for her but looking forward to learning more.

We love Duquesne. I have two sisters who went there, and some nephews and nieces their now. I have twin boys, both seniors, recently accepted. One undecided, the other for their brand-new mechanical engineering program. They are also adding a med school, so the school is really booming. D1 sports are cool, too. It’s not Pitt or Penn State, but the facilities are great. My nephew spent most of the fall going to $1 Pirate games. The subway, which has a stop on campus, drops you off at PNC Park. The Penguins arena is adjacent to the campus. The school rocketed up my kids’ list after we visited. Also, if you are Catholic they have a great chapel right on campus, with near constant access to Mass and the sacraments.

Thank you! This is great to hear. I am really looking forward to our visit!

@u2kelly, how did it go?

It was great! Really loved how it is a true campus while also in a big city. We were able to see dorms, dining hall and walked around the academic buildings. Also went in the student union and to the admissions office. So we did get around the entire campus. My daughter also really liked it, but is just not sure about the distance from home. This would be 6 hours where as most of her other schools are within 2.5 hours. I do think it has moved up the list though for sure now that she has seen it. I loved it! I do think it is the best fit right now based on the major and size of school, but I am just mom - lol! We did also look at Pitt when we were there and she did not like that it did not have a self-contained campus. So we were also able to take a school off the final list.