E-mail all UC's regarding cruddy 1st sem grades?

<p>So I received a D for my 1st semester grades (senior year). Is it better to email the admissions people from all UC’s or send a letter to them??? Please help…I need to send it soon.</p>

<p>My friend (got a D in AP Calc BC) emailed and mailed them. He first emailed them when he knew he was pretty much locked towards a D, and then mailed them (counselor told him what to do) after he received the actual report.</p>

<p>Edit: I forgot to say, I think you should go talk to your counselor, because s/he would probably know best.</p>

<p>do u have any updates onto what exactly they told him? what schools? Im kind of in the same situation so im just curious.</p>

<p>I would send a letter to the schools you want to get into, as well as one or two safety schools. A D is grounds for rescinding admission, although you MIGHT get away with it. Don't count on it though. In the letter, explain anything that might be pertinent to why your grades fell. If you have no reason other than senioritis, try to say that you can make it up or something at a summer school.</p>