EA Acceptances: When?

So DD is waiting on her EA decision from SMCM. I know their website says they’ll notify by January 1, but is there a chance it could be earlier? Would make a nice Christmas present if she found out before then.

We are waiting anxiously as well!

1 Like

Last year the first batch of decisions were released on 12/20. Hoping that they will be released early again this year.

2 Likes

Oh, wow, so glad to see others post here. The St. Mary’s page hasn’t been very active but hopefully that will change.

My daughter and I visited in September and she was very taken with the beautiful location, the intimacy of a small, liberal arts college that also has good STEM and the ability to work closely with professors. I’d always heard it’s a “hidden gem” and we can see why.

We’re from Virginia, but it’s only a little more than two hours away from us.

1 Like

I live in Maryland and we are about 20 minutes from campus. Let me know if you have any questions about the area. My son plans to major in CS.

1 Like

What is the culture like in the area surrounding campus. Is it diverse? Open and accepting?

My Son just received his acceptance letter (portal)!!!

1 Like

Our daughter, too! She got the National Honors Award ($6k/year) and a Trustee Scholarship ($12k/year), so that makes it competitive to our in-state costs. We’re very excited!

1 Like

My son got in as well and received the Trustee Scholarship.

1 Like

Its a little isolated but there is transportation to shopping areas. There isn’t a lot of diversity in the area but I know the college itself values diversity. People are very nice and helpful. Although it is a rural area, there are a lot of activities and festivals throughout the county. The students seem to be very happy and really take advantage of all the activities on the river.

1 Like