EA Admission Decisions: Its time

<p>I, too, am a W. Seems to be random. Guess I'll wait for tomorrow.</p>

<p>Does anyone have any idea how many Singer scholarships are awarded and how many kids compete for them?</p>

<p>Do most of the accepted so far live in or around FL?</p>

<p>my last name starts with a b and i live in virginia, not that close to fl. i think it has to do with scholarships</p>

<p>The mailman just left and there were two huge envelopes inside the mailbox. Unfortunately, they were both for my sister. (we're both seniors) I'm happy for her, but I was hoping that one of those envelopes would be from Miami. I'm anticipating rejection! :(</p>

<p>Does anybody have a picture of the envelope? I want to know what I'm looking for... Though I'm sure I can't miss it...</p>

<p>Kansas here. hah Maybe they sent acceptances and good scholarships first.. ;( well, my stats are kinda bad, so I wont be surprised to see a rejection tomorrow or monday.</p>

<p>When we called them, they assured us that the batches were random.<br>
But it appears that the singer scholarships went out early.<br>
That was midweek and they also said there were still batches that hadn't gone out yet.<br>
I'm just the messenger.
Congratulations to those accepted, and Good Luck to those still waiting.</p>

<p><em>sigh</em> I just hope that I get something in the mail tomorrow.</p>

<p>oy vey, give me my decision!</p>

<p>sigh. I have good stats (2250 and 800/750 SAT IIs) and ECs, so I really hope I get a scholarship/singer invite...nothing's come yet.</p>

<p>I heard a lot of people are getting online notifications
especially this evening
I honestly might be up all night checking</p>

<p>I also applied EA and am waiting for a reply! i saw some ppl wondering why the criteria for scholarships is different from what was posted online. I have a couple of friends that are at UM (i'm a miami resident) and most of them got the university scholarships with much less scores than I did. I think they take into consideration race, like if you are a minority your expectations a bit lower (affirmative action!) anyways I'm really nervous about getting in. A friend of mine got her letter today but says there is no information about scholarship money, I thought her scores were decent enough to get her at least the 16000. </p>

<p>I have a 1350 (math:730, english:620)
ACT:30
GPA (unweighted): 3.8
GPA (weighted): 6.6

<p>I think my test scores are weakest. does anyone have something like this and got accepted with some scholarship. Just want to be psychologically prepared. Thanks</p>

<p>how is a 6.6 gpa possible...that makes no sense</p>

<p>Some are on like a 10 point scale, haha. What happened to the good ole' 4.0?</p>

<p>lol. IDK blame the Miami-dade public schools system. Most i've heard of is a is the mid 7's but w/e those ppl were psycho.lol. I take most of my classes at Miami Dade college so that might affect it. Hope it gets me in though :/</p>

<p>^ you'll get in with at least $ 16000 scholarship!!</p>

<p>You are all scaring me. I have a 33, 1360, 4.0, Salutatorian, 4.89 weighted, numerous awards and E.C.'s and I haven't heard yet. I live in Florida. Do you think I didn't get in?
It is my number one choice and I need a scholarship. What do you think?</p>

<p>I GOT IN YESTERDAY!!!!!
i received the 16000 dollar scholarship too!!!
3.81/4.6
28 ACT
7 APs, the rest honors
Several leadership positions and 7 different honor societies.</p>

<p>unfortunately I have to wait for UF still but Miami is my #1 choice.</p>

<p>How is everyone else planning on dealing with the cost?</p>

<p>i got in today, in new york with a singer invite !</p>