EA Admission Decisions: Its time

<p>WOOHOO! I finally got my acceptance letter! Dean's Scholarship, $16,000 a year! I didn't get the Singer invite, but I'm pretty darn happy that I finally got in! No need to be greedy!</p>

<p>Letter received in SW FL on 2/2 and postmarked 1/31. </p>

<p>Congrats. to everyone who has been accepted! I was deferred--I guess I get my official rejection in April... ah, well (3.4 UW GPA & 28 ACT, 1100ish/1800ish SAT). :P</p>

<p>Accepted with Deans scholarship!Postmarked the 30th!Took about 2 mail days to reach swflorida!Very excited!</p>

<p>DinDune i think the same woman spoke to me. She was kind of rude and she just answered and was like is that all? Bye.</p>

<p>cpq1xbtu, we are most certainly going to Singer weekend...are you?</p>

<p>Yes, I already booked the flight. We need to plan a CC meetup.</p>

<p>did you get good fares? where are you flying out of?</p>

<p>Decent, but not great. We're flying out of Houston. The best deal I found was American Airlines, using Orbitz. Continental was quite a bit more expensive. I was afraid we'd miss the last flight direct flight out Saturday evening, so we're flying out Sun. a.m.</p>

<p>Where are you flying from?</p>

<p>we're from ny, flying out of jfk or laguardia.
What is your S going to study? D was accepted into the school of journalism.</p>

<p>He's studying Environmental Policy and Science.</p>

<p>one more quick question before i go to sleep...what time do we have to be there on the 27th? (D has packet in her room...and is already sleeping, as I should be!)</p>

<p>Check-in is from 11 to 6. The dinner is at 6:30. We're getting in around 2:30. There was a flight that got in at 5:30, but I was afraid to cut it that close. Traffic and flight delays seem to be worse on Friday afternoons.</p>

<p>thanks cpq1xtbu!
email me if you want to talk further :)</p>

<p>DEFERRED :/</p>

<p>3.86 WEIGHTED GPA
1230/1850 SAT</p>

<p>lots of extracirriculars and decent essay.
its alright miami is probably too much $ for me anyways</p>

<p>My S got home and opened his envelope yesterday--found out he was accepted to UMiami. It's one of his top choices. Unfortunately, it appears there is no scholarship, even though he has 33 ACT and 3.9 GPA. He goes to a very competitive high school in CT where, although his school doesn't explicitly rank, it provides information from which the colleges can tell that my S is only in the top 25-30%. This may have killed scholarship chances. Well, My S loves Miami so it's still in the running.</p>

<p>researchmaven ^
My D in the same exact boat. No scholarship with NMSF and 2220 SAT. GPA and class decile suffer from attending ultra-competitive school. It is highly unlikely she will attend Miami as a full-pay. Maybe some merit aid will be forthcoming with the finaid package?</p>

<p>Copy of letter posted on UM website today</p>

<p>Congrats to all admits. Unfortnately my D was deferred and UM was her first choice. She has wonderful other choices (Tulane, Fordham, PSUUPark and more) but she is crushed. Wondering if there were any other deferred students out there and what their stats were? Also, was anyone rejected or was everyone deferred? Her stats were 660 M, 600 V top 10% of her class with 4.2 weighted GPA. She was also a Summer Scholar there which is why she is so interested. She applied to School of Business. Thanks for any info.</p>

<p>Finally, a kind person told me that I'm in! 24000 and Singer invite. Still no packet in the mail, but a letter on the website today. RSVP'd and heading to Miami at the end of the month! This has been the longest week of my life!</p>

<p>did anybody sign up for the FutureCanes service?</p>

<p>Under name, are we supposed to put our full name or a screenname...?</p>