EA Decisions

<p>How and when does U of Miami notify EA applicants of their decision in February? E-mail or snail mail?</p>

<p>Last year decisions were sent in batches via snail mail the end of January through early February. Good news = big envelope. Scholarship info was included in the packet. It seemed that decisions were mailed in no particular order.</p>

<p>Admitted kids did get a "Congratulations" screen when they signed on to EASY/myUM a few days before their packets arrived, but it seems that Admissions did not intend that to be the way kids found out so that may be changed this year. Good Luck.</p>

<p>Even though I KNOW that February 1st is the EA day that didn't stop my heart from racing when the nice thick admissions packet arrived yesterday. But alas their hadn't been a special "my kid only advance acceptance day" (although the new pretty pictures were nice as was the info on General Honors). </p>

<p>It is nice to hear though that scholarship info is included with the acceptance package for the truly fortunate ones. Now back to my mailbox vigil. ;)</p>

<p>I want a nice thick admissions packet!</p>

<p>Alas, i'm not getting into Honors.</p>

<p>My-3-sons: How do you sign onto Easy/MyUM? They ask for an ID number that my daughter doesn't have (she applied via common app).</p>

<p>I think he had his ID and PIN from the app. Did she do the common app supplement online-maybe she has an ID from that? SS# may also work. MyUM has been revamped this year so I'm not sure if it will be the same as last year. The congrats screen only came up 2-3 days prior to the admissions packet arriving and was only shown once. The screen then led to an admissions portal to pay enrollment and housing deposits. Here's a link to the decisions thread from last year.
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=26066&page=8&pp=20%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=26066&page=8&pp=20&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>called admissions office... lady said EA decisions may start to come out next week</p>

<p>YAY!</p>

<p>Great news ericg1</p>