EA option for first generation only [at Wake Forest University]

A friend sent this screenshot from the common app for Wake Forest. I didn’t see anything about it under admissions on their website.

3 Likes

AFAIK Wake is still working on getting some kinks out of the common app (not sure the EA/first gen thing is a kink) and making their website reflect the changes too (for example the website doesn’t show EA as an option).

Also, their own app is not yet electronically available but will be.

For anyone interested in applying to Wake, I encourage them to call admissions and ask questions.

2 Likes

Wake Forest University-Magnolia Scholarship is a specific scholarship for first gen. I do not think you can apply for this separate but rather they go through those admitted and ultimately pick 30 from each entering class. Wonderful and generous scholarship. Google it and you will find it on the WFU site.

1 Like

The early action option is only for first gen applicants, Wake Forest announced this today. For everyone else, there is ED1 (with rolling notification) and ED2.

2 Likes

Well, here’s the official word:

2 Likes

They’ll give priority to this option’s applicants as if it were ED but the first gen applicants will still be able to apply&be admitted elsewhere, and thus compare FA packages, before making a decision.
(This strongly implies that some of these students will get an excellent offer, especially compared to UNC CH, Duke, and other peers/competition).
https://www.chronicle.com/article/a-better-front-door-wake-forest-u-to-offer-early-admission-option-for-first-gen-students

5 Likes

Has anyone heard if the EA is rolling admissions like the ED?

It is not. Notification is 1/15.

1 Like