Early Acceptances?

<p>One of my friends already got into UCR (couple of weeks ago).</p>

<p>How?Anyone know??</p>

<p>Alot of my other friends who also applied to UC and are ELC haven’t gotten anything.</p>

<p>well, they might be talking about ELC. which means if you are top 4% of your class, some of the colleges (mid and lower tier) will gaurantee your admission into colleges. And if its not ELC, I wouldn't be completely surprised by UCR already handing out admissions but I could be wrong.</p>

<p>I don't know she might be ELC but she really isnt anything out of the ordinary of the ELC students at my school certainly not at the top...so this was kind of random and shocking.I asked the guy who was ranked number 1 in our class and he hasnt received any acceptance stuff from UC yet...</p>

<p>Riverside automatically guarantees admission to any california resident who meets the basic requirements (3.0 GPA, a-g classes, blah blah blah). They sent out these funky postcards back a couple of months ago that said "Hey, congrats! You get guaranteed admission!" I lol'd.</p>

<p>So if you got that postcard, then it's sort of like a super early acceptance. </p>

<p>If the #1 guy in your class didnt get any ELC stuff, it's likely that your school doesnt participate in ELC, or he just didnt tell you about it. Or he's not actually ranked in the top 4% according to UC calculations, which differ from your school's.</p>

<p>Thats because its UCR...</p>

<p>LOL ^... but i lol'ed more at mercurial's post. hehe.</p>

<p>Yeah about half the people in my math class got that dorky postcard and we were all laughing about it, but I think I was the only one paranoid enough to actually apply there as a safety. You don't even have to be ELC to get it, because my friends who are ELC have guaranteed admission to Davis. I think the e-mail said something about being in the top 12.5% of something. So that's safety #3, applied and accepted... now the real waiting begins.</p>

<p>No we particpate in ELC and we are a competitive high school...w/e not freaking out or anything just alittle surprised that one person got early acceptance out of at least 50 ELC students here at my school even if it is Riverside</p>

<p>2 years ago, UCR sent out their admission decisions 2 months early, even to those who were out of state or wasn't in ELC.</p>

<p>I'm ELC and I just got accepted to Irvine on Feb 20. I got an email saying my status changed so I checked online and it said I got in.</p>

<p>UCR always does early</p>

<p>UCI sometimes</p>

<p>I want to be admitted to UCI already</p>

<p>UCR always does early</p>

<p>UCI sometimes</p>

<p>I want to be admitted to UCI already</p>

<p>It seems like you've been obsessively posting very similar stuff about UCI in almost every single thread. :p</p>

<p>Me? I've just been anxious/excited because I heard back from them. My first acceptance!</p>

<p>I wanna be accepted too, to UCI, just so I can say "Yay, I got accepted"</p>

<p>where do you go to check your admission status?</p>

<p>for UCI is at the UCI undergraduate admissions office and then click on the weird looking tab that says "myUCIapplicaion" whatever thing</p>

<p>it's confusing, but then u have to put ur UCI net ID, which you should've activated already</p>

<p>for UCR is at the myUCR thing</p>

<p>I've already been accepted to UCSB. I've never heard anything about UCI giving out early acceptances.</p>

<p>Did you officially get a letter from UCSB, or are you elc and know that you're in?</p>

<p>I already knew that I was in through ELC BUT I already got the acceptance letter (2 weeks ago I think) and a lot of my friends who are not ELC (at least 3) have been accepted to UCSB. As far as I know UCSB starts sending them out long before UCB, UCLA, UCSD, UCI, UCD, and UCSC.
(Ive already been accepted at UCM and UCR btw, I got the packages)</p>