Early Action Class of 2023 - VT

The invited honors notice has disappeared from the bottom of my son’s page as well.

@kona2012 Based on your forum posts, your son has applied to 4 or more schools EA? Is that correct?

@chessasmom yes he applied to six schools EA. Why are you asking this? He is within his right to apply any number of EA schools, which is different than ED.

My mistake! Good luck to him :slight_smile:

I applied as a cadet. Do my chances of admittance increase?

@NoahJCady Yes, it should increase your chances of acceptance.

Feb 22nd is when decisions come out. https://vt.edu/admissions/undergraduate/apply/policies.html

S19 and I just NOW got an email from VT saying…

"Thank you for applying to Virginia Tech. Your application is complete and under review.

If the admissions committee requires additional information you will be contacted. Please be sure to periodically monitor your email for updates."

His EA app was complete on October 15. I wonder what this new email is all about.

@STEM2017 My son just received the same email.

@STEM2017 and currently can’t login to the portal

My son got the same email. Login worked and showed no changes.

I’m guessing it’s meaningless. I just hope S’s EA application hasn’t inadvertently dropped to RD.

Same here

@STEM2017 my son is also EA

S’s app still says…

@STEM2017 it’s back up with no changes but was showing an error message with “Your request could not be processed…” for the last 15 or 20 minutes. Perhaps nothing.

My son just got the same email today. He submitted application on 11/30/18. His SRAR was submitted 12/12 but his Application Summary is still blank in the Received box for SRAR

My daughter received the same email. I hope this means good news and perhaps they’re not waiting until the February 22nd date.

@TeamBlessing I hope so too, but don’t count on it. VT typically sticks to its stated date plus or minus a day or two.

1 Like

I also got this email, was worried my counselor messed up sending my transcript and recommendation.