Early Action Class of 2023 - VT

last year regular admission(they didn’t have EA) you found out with your admission decision

@STEM2017 - Where did you find this message? I checked my Ds application status summary page and do not see a similar message. Any info you can share will be appreciated.

@CCmother4

The message is at the bottom of the status page. But it comes and goes. I wouldn’t worry at all if it’s not on you kid’s page. It’s on my kid’s page and it’s about Honors…my kid is NOT getting into Honors. We’ll be happy if he gets accepted.

It reappeared on my son’s page too. It was gone for a while.

Anyone heard of any chances of EA coming out any early? You would think they would be done with them considering Regular decision comes out not long after.

Being their first time doing EA I imagine they hedged a bit on the date so I would expect maybe the week prior.

However, they have been heavily encouraging everyone to apply EA instead of Regular decisions - so if they were successful then their EA pool is much larger than their Rd pool. According to what they have been saying they want to admit most people via EA and leave Rd just for filling out department numbers.

I imagine they are just now getting to point where they could answer that questions - but I’m sure they won’t. I have been hopefully optimistic for the 15th.

I noticed the SRAR date has changed again to today. I’m hoping this means they’re in full swing to get out those decisions very soon! ???

My son said his friend who applied RD got an email today saying it would be another 6 weeks before he’d know. My son applied EA and we haven’t heard anything. His SRAR date has just changed once from November to January 10th.

@MELTUTTLE my DS also has an SRAR received date as 1/10/19. What caught my attention is that there is now a notification saying that EA and RD notifications will be posted by 3/15. So they are now one common pool?

@kansha That’s only referring to the Honors College.

@sportingclaymom Thanks for clarifying - I don’t think my nerves would’ve lasted another 3 weeks of waiting.

Kinda gets your hopes up for D19 when you see this email…

Save the Date: Saturday and Sunday, April 6-7, 2019

Females offered admission to the College of Engineering for the Fall of 2019 at Virginia Tech will receive an email invitation to attend this event. It will give you a chance to take a look at life as an engineering student and meet other young women who may be your future classmates!

During Preview Weekend, participants meet current students and faculty and get a first-hand look at Virginia Tech and the College of Engineering. learn more

Receipt of this email DOES NOT indicate that you have been offered admission to the College of Engineering.

We’re not getting any emails or updates to anything on portal. I did see the note that says both EA and regular will be notified by March 15. Hopefully they are sticking to EA February notification though.

@cakeisgreat Most emails D19 are receiving are in her spam folder.

The note in portal about March is only referring to honors college notifications. I am sure Decisions for EA will post on time or early.

Just talked to an admissions rep. They said that decisions aren’t coming out any earlier. They will be available 5pm on the 22nd.

that has always been the official stance … they are always going to tell you that. You think you can call them and they will tell you otherwise.

That still doesn’t mean they won’t release early … they will release when they are ready to release them and no sooner (and no later than Feb 22nd). That’s all you can count on. I’m still banking on before the 20th. 15th would be nice.

ED decisions this year came out 1 day early.

This is the best you’ll get from VT. They stick pretty closely to their timeline. We can always hope, but don’t hold your breath.

Does anyone know if VT provides scholarship information with the acceptance letter or if they send that information later - say in March?