Early Action decisions

Has anyone heard from Hampshire early action? I know they released some of the ED II decisions early.

It’s probably a little too early yet. I called the Admissions office yesterday to find out if my son is being considered EA or RD (the timing of his application was a little borderline). The woman I spoke to told me that it’s the former, but that they’re stilling going over some stuff on the applications. She suggested that I let her switch me over to Financial Aid to make sure that they had all of our forms, so I gather they’re still working on that part of things.

If everyone at Hampshire is as kind and helpful as the woman I spoke to, I think I’ll just go back in time and apply myself. I thought about it back in the day, but I can’t remember why I didn’t do it–probably because I knew that I wasn’t as disciplined as I’d need to be. Fortunately, my son is a lot more focused and mature than I was at that age!

How early were the ED decisions released?

My son applied early action last year, and as I recall the decisions came a few days after the official date for EA decisions. He got the poster in the mail before he received the official decision. Good luck to your families. We did much due diligence before my son made his final decision. He is now in his second semester at Hampshire and happy :slight_smile:

Thank you! What are your son’s interests? Mine is a musician (mostly jazz right now, but always exploring) and an actor.

@AsMother - math, computer science and game design, screenwriting. Be sure to post back with results!

Cool! He sounds really interesting. I will definitely post when we hear. I can’t wait to be able to sleep again. :slight_smile:

@AsMother @Mom2208 I just received an email telling me my decision letter had been posted to my portal about half an hour ago. I was accepted! Good luck to your children; I hope they are accepted as well!

Fantastic! Congratulations! I don’t know if my son has gotten an email yet. Nervous much?!!!

It looks as though in previous years Hampshire has sent out decisions by snail-mail. I wonder if they’ve changed how they do things?

There was no decision portal last year - snail mail.

That’s what I thought! My son hasn’t received an email so far. I’ll see what’s in the mail tomorrow. (In the event of an acceptance, I’d kind of like to see it in the traditional envelope–call me old-fashioned! Of course, we’ll take an acceptance by smoke signals, if necessary!)

In any case, congratulations again to Larensea!

Was thinking about you @AsMother - no word yet? @Larensea congratulations!

@Snowdog : Thank you! No word yet–nothing in the mail, and no email. Of course now I’m thinking that they decided to send out the acceptances first, and that they’ll get to the rejections after that. That doesn’t sound very Hampshire-like, though. I guess I’ll give it another day or so, and then consider calling them to make sure that nothing got lost. Since Monday’s a holiday, I assume they’ll be getting everything out by the end of this week.

OK–I just got up the nerve to call the Admissions office and ask. All decisions have gone out as both emails and regular mail. The woman I spoke to said that which one we get first depends on where we’re located. Back to the mailbox… :slight_smile:

You sound like me. That’s sort of an odd response by Hampshire. Unless they are somehow timing rollout of emails, how could snail mail arrive before email, regardless of location? If emails have gone out - your son must have one?

@Snowdog: Yeah–I was thinking that too. But he doesn’t. I’ve been watching the “We Got In” FB page for Hampshire, and a lot of new people have joined in the past couple of days. I’m kind of losing my optimism at this point, but we’ll see what comes today…

Hoping for good news for your family!

@Snowdog : You’re so kind–thanks again.The mystery has been solved (sort of). As I mentioned in my first post here, I had called the Admissions office on 2/1 to find out if my son was being considered EA or RD because of the timing of his application. At that time, I was told that he had been considered EA. But when I picked my son up from school today (he boards during the week, and comes home on weekends), he told me that his guidance counselor had called them yesterday and asked the same thing. She was told that he’d hear RD! So I asked my son to “break the tie” and call them one more time (and explain why he was calling to ask the same question again!)–sure enough, RD. Go figure. In a way I’m relieved; in another way I’m thinking, “ANOTHER MONTH AND A HALF!!!” My son, on the other hand, is refreshingly chill about things. So we wait (again). :slight_smile:

That makes sense - I do feel for you, the wait is so difficult! Your son sounds like a good fit for Hampshire; where else did he apply?

@Snowdog Thank you so much!

@AsMother Ack the waiting is horrible. Best of luck to your son-I’m sure he’ll end up somewhere that’s right for him!