Early Action Notification.. the wait

<p>Hello hopeful Hampshirites :D,
I'm sure if you're on this thread you are probably wondering like i am what Hampshire is thinking about your application, or WILL be if you are yet to apply. I personally think I had an okay application and stats (around 3.3-3.4 Cumulative) however, I have very low SAT scores and have been rejected from 2 colleges already (emerson college and lewis & clark) so, I'm not sure what to expect. Feel free to use this thread discuss and share your story with Hampshire! Ask questions or answer them! I'd just like to know I'm not alone in this scary, nerve-wracking process :).</p>

<p>So interesting – my S is also waiting to hear from Hampshire – applied EA – after being rejected from Emerson. We are hopeful about Hampshire because I think he is a “good fit” there, but his GPA is only 2.9, so who knows. He had a friend who got in last year (ED) with a much lower GPA. My S had high SAT scores (did you send Hampshire your SAT scores? they don’t require them), a great interview, excellent recommendations/writing samples/film portfolio (he wants to study film) so … we’ll see. It’s a hard wait. Emerson was his first choice (and we did not expect him to get in, but it was still a difficult letter to get!) but Hampshire is a very close second. Good luck to you!</p>

<p>I’m still waiting to hear back about early action, have any letters come for your children?</p>

<p>I think their EA notification date is Feb. 1…</p>

<p>Last year our daughter got in EA in mid-January.</p>

<p>I also applied Early Action and I am anxiously waiting to hear something. Hampshire is my first choice. What other schools did you apply to?</p>

<p>ALF, their web site says Feb. 1. Just curious, did they say Feb. 1 last year too, but sent the letters earlier? (Was it a letter or posted online?)</p>

<p>My recollection is that they stated that all EA students would be notified, ‘no later than’ February 1. Our daughter was freaking out because in early January, other kids started contacting each other online (mostly on a Facebook Hampshire group) that they had been accepted. Just about when she couldn’t bear it anymore, she got a letter, stating that she had been accepted. I remember that it was in mid-January, because she needed to let another school know if she was still interested in being in the ‘regular’ applicant pool by the end of January, possibly before she heard from Hampshire - but then she got the letter sometime between the 15th & 20th of January.</p>

<p>Thanks for that info. Yikes. I guess we could get a letter any time now.</p>

<p>We got the big envelope on Feb. 2. He got in! He is going to an accepted students’ overnight on March 3 and I think after that, he will make his final decision.</p>

<p>Sorry to leave you guys hanging. I didn’t get any email notifications which for some reason I assumed I would :). Anyways, update on my situation: I have am waitlisted to be “reviewed again during spring for regular admissions”. I’m not sure what this means for me, hopefully if they see my grades (which they requested) this year it will be a positive… (I’ve been doing fairly well). In response to Sabina, here are the schools I replied to…</p>

<p>College of Wooster (Accepted)
Beloit (Accepted)
Lewis and Clark and Emerson (Rejected)
Trinity (texas)… Waiting
Ithaca College (Waiting)
American University - This is actually my #1 choice (Waiting)</p>