Early Action or Recommendations?

Waiting for recommendation letters, but definitely cutting it close with early action. Should one go early action w no letters, or wait for the letters? This is for Biomedical Sciences holistic.

Class Rank: 17%
SAT: Math 680 Reading 660
TX Resident
GPA 4.2

AP classes: World History, Lang, Psych, US Govt, US history, Chem,Calc
4 yrs Rugby and Football
FFA- Land Judging Team (state qualified twice)
French NHS (20 volunteer hours)
School Service Organization (120 hours)
NHS (25 Service Hours)
Head Lifeguard 2 summers
Volunteer Sunday School Teacher and VBS Leader

Rec letters don’t matter that much anyways, so I would say apply already.

Btw you can submit rec letters later through AIS.

Early action is only for Engineering, correct?

@JenniferAggie91

That’s what I also thought.

Either way, there’s no harm in applying ASAP (if you have all that you need).

There is biomedical engineering & biomedical sciences - the first has early action, the second is rolling admissions. You can always update your file after you apply. The way it works is that they don’t deny anyone until after Dec 8, since you can add to your file until that date. Acceptances for rolling admissions have already begun, so yes you should apply.

My son applied Oct 1 and sent his transcript via AIS Oct 5 but transcript still hasnt updated but says has been recieved. Hes applying to the engineering school, im afraid it wont be processed before the deadline of Oct 15 or does it matter since it shows recieved but not processed yet? He is in the top 4.5% of his class, Hispanic Merit Scholar, SAT 1290 with a math score of 660 all AP, IB and dual credit classes. Do you think he has a good chance of getting admitted?