Early action results

<p>Well, they could have set the computer earlier to automatically upload the decisions at midnight. (Yes, a feature like that does indeed exist) I'm staying up until midnight just in case. If it doesn't come up, then I'll check when I wake up, then my first period web design class, then lunch, then independent hour, and then make it an obsession at home if it still doesn't appear by then.</p>

<p>oh man sounds like a similar plan for me!!</p>

<p>Hey I called my counselor and she said if your letter has been mailed then you can get your decision. I was accepted.
Stats:
ACT:32
GPA:3.967
ECs: Treasurer of the class of 2008, treasurer of NHS, Treasurer of the Imani Multicultural Club, and Treasurer of Mu Alpha Theta.</p>

<p>Why would this be on askUM?</p>

<p>"We do not have a way to check admission decisions online, and we do not reveal admission decisions over the phone."</p>

<p>I guess to discourage thousands of people from calling the school. I also guess they mean the only official way to get your decision is through the mail?</p>

<p>college, to clarify you called the UMiami advisor and asked if you were accepted? Or you incidentally got it in the mail? Are you on the east coast? So bottom line, you CAN or CANNOT find out online? Thanks!</p>

<p>I don't know anything about the online notification. I called my regional counselor and she said that if my letter had been sent out then she could notify me. It had so she told me.</p>

<p>UM intends for decisions to be via snail mail with the acceptances traditionally in a big packet. The pop-up people talk about is the portal to pay accepted students enrollment and housing deposits; it was not intended to be the way kids get their decisions. In years past, the decisions have been mailed over the course of 7-10 days in no particular order.</p>

<p>Hang in there and good luck to you all, the wait is almost over.</p>

<p>My daughter got her rejection letter from UM today in the mail. She is fine with it. </p>

<p>FYI, she had a 3.63 W (3.4 UW) and a 1800 SAT (560, 580, 660) so I am not surprised that she did not get in. </p>

<p>Congratulations to all that got in!</p>

<p>my3sons, thanks for the clarification. My son knows several who applied and there was so much confusion over who found out when and where,etc........the way you explained it makes sense. </p>

<p>Seiclan, my sons good friend also got rejected, she had a high GPA around a 3.9 but 1790 SAT'S, not sure but I think they place a heavy emphasis on scores. However another classmate/neighbor got waitlisted from Fordham and into Miami, his GPA was very average but heard he did really well on the SAT, not sure about the score, I think around 2000ish.</p>

<p>I believe in fate, and think that the vast majority of these kids will end up where they are meant to be and have a great time.</p>