***Early admit for nursing LIST for 2+2 schools**

My daughter is a junior and we are looking at any school with a decent nursing program at a decent price. I know from my research that there are some 2+2 schools that have early admission to freshman “early admit” with certain GPA and score. To those of you who know what these schools are I thought it would be helpful to start a list. Even if it is not guaranteed “for consideration…” but you can apply for freshman admit based on these scores its a nice alternative to direct admit.

U Kentucky - ACT 28 GPA 3.25 http://www.uky.edu/registrar/bulletinCurrent/nur.pdf
Fort Hays State - ACT 24 GPA 3.5
Otterbein - ACT 24 SAT 1110 GPA 3.5

SDSU - ACT 27 Top 15%
U Illinois Chicago - ACT 28 Top 15%

What geographic areas do you want to consider?

Keep in mind that many private colleges heavily discount their tuition through either merit aid or need based aid. Also, keep in mind that food and housing costs can vary greatly, particularly in large cities.

no preference on location. SAT 1200 GPA 4.0 want a decent school for about 20k net price. Not my home state Maine.

Every nursing student should take the ACT, in addition to the SAT. If you are better at science than math, a person will usually score much higher on the ACT. The merit aid of colleges is usually based upon whichever score is higher.

One option is York College of PA, which is a direct entry nursing program about an hour north of Baltimore. They have automatic merit aid for various scores, which is posted on their website. Their tuition and required fees are about $19,000, and their food and housing is about $11,000. Their merit aid goes up to $10,000 a year, which would bring the cost close to your target price if you are eligible.

http://www.ycp.edu/admissions/cost-and-financial-aid/scholarships-and-grants/

However, keep in mind that most colleges bump up the costs of tuition and fees for nursing students in their last 2 years - some more than others.

We looked at york and liked it but I know there are more 2+2 schools that guarantee admit with good scores and GPA

Virginia Commonwealth University ( VCU ) in Richmond Va is pre- nursing. Guarantee admission has a seperate application form to fill out & a specific deadline, I forgot either Nov 1st or Nov 15th. Have to maintain a 3.5 college GPA to qualify for guarantee admit.