Early application and test optional

My son is planning on taking the SAT again in Oct, but we heard that Marquette does not factor test scores into the applications. His SAT is 1290 and he is planning to major in mechanical engineering. So my question is it better to apply early with his current score or wait and apply later in the chance he gets a better score. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

According to their website dec 1 is the early deadline. You can apply earlier and you may or may not get an earlier decision but b4 Dec 1 your odds appear to be the same. On one page they show a chart that they won’t look til dec 1 bit on the faqs it says they start sending decisions sept 15. The SAT is in the middle range of engineering SATs…1230 to 1400. They are test optimal so if you submit they will use it.

So no need to rush.

Should you submit ? Is it stronger in math than a English ? My guess is it won’t impact your admission decision. But if he has a stellar GPA going without might give him better scholarship odds.

One thing you might do is call admissions, ask for a counselor, don’t give his name and ask if it would help or hurt scholarship. Also ask about the dates as they give conflicting info.

Or find out who his regional counselor is, and flat out ask. Marquette tracks interest And this will show it. Because it’s not a top rated school they are looking to admit kids they know will attend vs knowing if your son doesn’t they’ll easily find another.

Good luck.